Toyo A23 225/55/19

i3enny

:
2014 CX-5 GT
I got the pleasure of pricing a new Toyo tire the other day... $289... Got in the car, started driving, alarm goes off.... TPS sensor. Im thinking, hhmm.... i had to reset that after disconnecting battery last week... Pull into an auto parts store, get a tire gauge, go check... sure enough, right rear 8 pounds less than rest. I look around tire, there she sticks.... a nail. of course not in the tread, but around the inner sidewall area. What i learned about the metro atlanta area is that nobody carries that tire. Not costco, not discount tire, not NTB. Now, they could all get it, with the exception of costco, but it would be about a week. So I call up the dealership, "sure, we got em." Half hour later, 300 bucks out the pocket, new back tire. I did find tirerack sells them, for 269, but again, couldnt have gotten it that day. What i disliked about the whole thing, I was told I had a full size spare... its clearly not. Not even close. Such is life.

17's are hard to come by too. Ended up getting 2 different tires last month for that axle when i had a nail through the side wall.

Though I do appreciate the compromises for efficiency, comfort, and (lack of) grip. I foresee myself replacing it with an A/S from TireRack that is equal in price that is head and shoulders above the factory A23.

I bought 235/55/19 ecopia 422s from Marlton Firestone. Bought 3 got 1 free, total installed price $721. I tipped the installer a couple 20s for a job well done. My new wheels look great. The 422s have a square blocked tread that looks really nice and adding a size combined with the 40 offset is the best look for me. I'll post a bunch of pics after the tip install tomorrow.

I bought 235/55/19 ecopia 422s from Marlton Firestone. Bought 3 got 1 free, total installed price $721. I tipped the installer a couple 20s for a job well done. My new wheels look great. The 422s have a square blocked tread that looks really nice and adding a size combined with the 40 offset is the best look for me. I'll post a bunch of pics after the tip install tomorrow.

Can you post some pics of your car with your wheels? keep reading how great they're but never really see them on your CX-5. Would be good to see them.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Toyos so far. I think they're very quiet and pretty stable in aggressive cornering for an as touring tire.. Don't think I'd pay over a g to replace with same but happy I went all in on gt tech. I'm pretty sure ill be less impressed when my steep driveway has a few inches of freshies on it. I'm thinking to order a winter wheel tire pkg just in case. Anyone run these babies through any tough conditions? Not slop- can't see road at all type stuff? No such thing as a snow day for me so I'm leaning toward just ordering so I'm not scrambling in December after the first dump.

When it snowed almost 10" this past Feb, I took the car to work & only 1 lane out of the 2 lane road was plowed. I say probably at least 6" was on the unplowed lane & I was slipping & sliding every time I tried to accelerate. So definitely does what all all-season tires handle in the snow, like slipping on ice, even with AWD.
There's a video out there that showed a FWD car with snow tires out handled the same car with AWD with all seasons.
I feel safe in our AWD CX-5 with the Toyos, but don't drive like I would if I had snow tires. Also, most ppl don't know how to drive in snow, they brake so hard & slide all over the place. Also try to gun it from the red light. Key is to use the manual shift mode(for auto trans) & start in 2nd gear. My speed6 has all season Dunlop SP Signatures for the winter, should have gotten snow tires as I fish tailed a couple times this year.

still waiting for your pics. Thanks in advance.

Back