Noob

ddibiase

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Hi, new member here, we just picked up our 2014 CX-5 Wednesday night! Pretty excited about it. It's the Grand Touring AWD model, Soul Red/Black leather. First new car in 7 years. We replaced our 2007 Honda Odyssey - we've been driving a minivan for 21 years, so pleased to finally be able to get out of them. We compared the CX-5, the Honda CR-V, Subaru Forester, Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4 before settling on the CX-5. Got a good last-day-of-the-month deal as well, and .9% financing.

Dan D
Central NJ USA

Congrats. We did the same thing, testing all those cars and more! We thought we might be buying a CR-V at first, or a RAV4. The CX-5 was not even on our radar....We are pretty happy so far, especially after figuring out the seat that moves itself!

One thing we discovered is that the top of the rear bumper is pretty vulnerable when you have careless passengers with heavy roller suitcases. some protection might be in order, either a physical bumper guard or at least a piece of paint protection film. While the PPF does protect against paint damage, it does not prevent the bumper cover from suffering a slight dent.

If you can rationalize your way through the additional cost, get a 3M clear bra. I think it is well worth the cost, saving you from rock chips and even small parking lot dings when people back into you, etc. Do not get VentureShield (which was just purchased by 3M, but still called VentureShield). Check out the other threads on this.

Here is our car with the bra going up about 23 inches up on the hood, and a closeup showing the line...it is really pretty invisible except close up.

wetq.jpg
[/IMG]

3fqr.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Chas thanks for the response. We did get the bumper guard which sits on top of the rear bumper to protect it. How much does the 3M bra cost? I know someone who has it and they swear by it....

Dan D
Central NJ USA

Hi Chas thanks for the response. We did get the bumper guard which sits on top of the rear bumper to protect it. How much does the 3M bra cost? I know someone who has it and they swear by it....

Dan D
Central NJ USA
It seems to vary by area, and I think we pay a lot in the DC area. But $500-700 for 3M paint protection film in this area. It takes a day. They wash and detail the areas that are to be covered. Some of the pieces can be hard to put on with complex curves, and that is where the installer comes in. It turns out that my latest installer was way better than the one I used in 2006. I paid 600 for 23 inch hood coverage, partial fender, full bumper, and nose, lights, mirror housing and I know I paid a lot for this compared to others on the board.

Hi Dan, where did you buy your car? I had to trek to North Penn to get my deal.
Enjoy,
Rick in F Town

Back