Fog Light SS Accessory Trim on Sky Blue CX-5

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Someone here posted some pics of this trim on a white car a couple of weeks back, but I think they stand out more on a colored car so here's another shot. Just installed them yesterday after 2+ week wait for them to arrive from Korea! At first I was undecided as to whether I liked them or not, but washing the car this morning, it occurred to me that they "lift the eye" above all that black plastic and add just enough brightwork to give the CX-5 a little more car-like front end. Which, for me, is a good thing.
trim.jpg

Looks great! That guy with the white car sounds pretty cool. :)

I still feel that trim should have been there from the factory. It's almost like mazda just forgot to install them. It just blends in so well with the grill trim and breaks up the black plastic. Fog lights just looked cheap without them.

The stock light enclosures do look cheap and they add to the "heavy" look of the front end. I wish I could have found just a simple ring for the light itself to compare these to, but I never did. That might have been a nice alternative. BTW, for anyone considering getting these, I would suggest adding a second piece of D/S tape to the outside upper corner to give it a little more "bite" on the black plastice underneath. Mine fit pretty well, but I notice that corner keeps wanting to stick out just a little because the single piece of tape is not holding.

A tasteful addition of a small amount of brightwork, IMO. Looks like it belongs on car.

Hmm I may buy those too as my rims have a silver ring and silver accents on the spokes.
1049898995_260.jpg

Last edited:
I just joined on here today,and had read about the stainless type trim,so ordered from China.
They arrived,but the wrong type were sent. I received the "full plastic chrome" type-so decided to put them on anyway.
The correct type will be posted over,another three weeks,but this will give me time to decide which type looks "best"
Here's a pic from today.

I just joined on here today,and had read about the stainless type trim,so ordered from China.
They arrived,but the wrong type were sent. I received the "full plastic chrome" type-so decided to put them on anyway.
The correct type will be posted over,another three weeks,but this will give me time to decide which type looks "best"
Here's a pic from today.

Is your as cap over a ABS, or metal? And how did it attach?

Chris, I'm coming to SA tomorrow, what's the best BBQ joint? Best steak house? My best friend just moved to Bernie.

Chris, I'm coming to SA tomorrow, what's the best BBQ joint? Best steak house? My best friend just moved to Bernie.

I wish I could say; I'm not from SA, just.. don't use Bill Miller's as a BBQ standard though lol. I mean there always Texas Roadhouse (steak) though.

Back