Wanna Paint my 19" OEM Rims, what color matches best with a White CX-5?

:
MAZDA, CX 5
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Recently I just bought a set of 19" oem rim to replace my 17", before swapping the wheels I would love to change the color. What do you guys think would be best match for pearl white sport?? Also, I was wondering if anyone here had either painted or wrapped their roof to black??

p.s. Is there going to be any adjustment needs to be made when I swap the wheels??

Thank you very much!!

Black looks awesome. It offsets the white really nice and matches the lower body cladding.

904677_10103013085629093_1095355440_o.jpg

Seminole, your car looks awesome!! Thanks a lot!! Honestly, I was leaning toward glossy, but after I see urs.........Whats your take between glossy or matte??

I'm going to peep in here and say go with Matte Black! I only dipped my wheels but it definitely makes it look like the vehicle has more attitude! I get a lot of compliments on the white w/ black wheels.

Since this forum is so for "individuality" and people "doing it for" themselves... Why don't you guys step back and let OP choose his own color?

Last edited:
If the choices are black or anthracite, I would go with anthracite. If you go black, I think glossy looks way better than matte. The matte black looks like you put 4 spare tires on or something. Just my opinion.

Thanks a lot costermonger and issac33. Btw, Seminole, what brand of spray paint did you use?? Do you recommend it??

I used Plastidip, not paint. I like the matte finish, but you could always hit it with some glossifier to add some shine if you don't like the matte finish.

Seminole, how long did you have your rims dipped?? And how well did it holds up so far??

So far around 3, maybe 4 months and probably 4,000 miles. It's held up great. I've taken it to a few high pressure drive through car washes (the kind without brushes) just for a quick cleaning in between the full washes I do and it's never so much as started to peel.

Thanks a lot for all the opinions, I decided to go with satin black and use VHT paint, give me a week time, I'll upload some pics :)

Back