Looking for a part...

raden

I'm hoping someone on here can help me find this piece...

I was rear ended recently while sitting in traffic. In short, there was about $4000 in damage. I am still dealing with the neck pain. It sucks. Either way, I got my car back last week. It was repaired by one of the Progressive contract shops. Maybe that was a mistake, but hind sight is 20/20. I got my car back and I noticed there is a missing cover piece on the rear defroster contact. I attached the picture with the area circled.

The shop has been looking for the part and has not been able to find it. I've been looking too, and I haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any idea which part it might be?

Thanks in advance!

20130722_210723.jpg

The shop has been looking for the part and has not been able to find it. I've been looking too, and I haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any idea which part it might be?

I would let the shop source it - why waste your time? You were the one that was rear ended.

I would let the shop source it - why waste your time? You were the one that was rear ended.

Oh of course, it's their responsibility. I just like looking for stuff sometimes, when I have the time. Anyway, I just want to get the whole incident behind me and move on. I thought I would post on here so that maybe I can find the part and expedite the process.

Call the dealership?

They have a call into one of the dealerships. I also called mine and I'm waiting on an answer.

Would one of you be kind enough to take a look at your CX-5 for this part? Perhaps there is a number or some identification etched on it. Thanks in advance!

They have a call into one of the dealerships. I also called mine and I'm waiting on an answer.

Would one of you be kind enough to take a look at your CX-5 for this part? Perhaps there is a number or some identification etched on it. Thanks in advance!

I tried, but it seems to be a very delicate piece that doesn't come off easily so I gave up rather than breaking it. It is just a small plastic black cover. I wasn't so much concerned with breaking the piece as I was concerned with messing up the defrost grid/connector. I couldn't see any part number on the outside of it.

I tried, but it seems to be a very delicate piece that doesn't come off easily so I gave up rather than breaking it. It is just a small plastic black cover. I wasn't so much concerned with breaking the piece as I was concerned with messing up the defrost grid/connector. I couldn't see any part number on the outside of it.

Thank you TreyP. I'm sure they'll find it sooner or later.

FYI, I finally found the part after emailing Mazda Corporate. They were tremendously helpful.

Here is their reply:

Dear Mr. Raden,

The plastic piece you seek is not available as a “stand alone” part. It can only be obtained as a component of part number KD33-66-F50B.

Sincerely,

Benjamin
Representative, Customer Experience

Here is what it looks like: KD3366F50B.jpg

Mods, can we change the title of this thread?

Back