Handling improvements? Advice requested...Thanks

Vegliare

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX
Hello all,

I have an 03 protege LX with 40K on it and am looking to improve the handling and lessen the body roll. I am looking to replace the springs and install a front strut brace and maybe rear sway bar upgrade.

My question relates to a comparison of two springs, the racing beats and H&R. I have searched for pics of the two without success. My main reason to change is to lesson body roll and secondly to remove the 4x4 look :-(

The car has a hidden hitch for a bike rack that's used regularly if that matters. Any suggestions, experiences with these two springs? And also any experiences with rear seay bars and front strut bars for the protege.

Thanks all for your help.

best set up for the protege: Tein S-Techs with Tokico Illumina's, and an MSP rear sway bar with clunk fix brackets. failing the MSP rear sway bar, the Progress rear bar will work too. add to those an MSP/Protege5 front strut bar for cheap, and you will have a very nice handling Protege.

Honestly I don't have a lot of Brand specific advice.

I would suggest the tower bar, and definitely a rear sway bar, that thing will significantly improve the feel.

H&R makes a great spring set, though I've never personally used Racing Beats.

Back