Getting to 12 very plug in the dash....

Wallie_Figgz

:
CX-5 GS
Good day y'all,
I want to install a video recorder in the car. In order to hardwire the power supply I need to get to the back of the dash 12 volt outlet. Has anyone done the dash disassembly for similar purposes?

The second half of this should get you pretty close. Look for the picture of my hand on the cup holder and go from there. Once you get to the picture with a screwdriver in it you will should be able to stop following there and figure out the last little bit to get to the front power supply.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get to the rear of the plug without pulling half of the car apart? From the foot well, perhaps?
No. And it is only two pieces that you are taking out, the cup holder section and the panel that has the power supply in it.

It's very easy to take apart the lower dash/center area to get to the back of the front 12v. I did the same to install my Dashcam and installed a 2nd 12v socket inside/behind the front 12v.
Download the service manual and it tells you how to take apart the dash surrounding.

And yes, the actual dash doesn't come apart, just the lower dash/center armrest area. I had a picture, but I can't find it.

Back