hood no longer bounces

HandA

:
Mazda3 and CX-5
Took mine in to the dealer yesterday and they did the fix on the hood and it no longer bounces. I guess it might move the slightest bit but if I weren't looking for it I'd never notice it now.

It was funny, when I called to check on it they said "we verified your diagnosis and it is being fixed".

On the repair order it also noted that they did some "Mazda full circle inspection" and "Set all tire pressures to the factory listed 36 PSI". Unfortunately, 2 tires were at 38 and one was at 32

On the repair order it also noted that they did some "Mazda full circle inspection" and "Set all tire pressures to the factory listed 36 PSI". Unfortunately, 2 tires were at 38 and one was at 32
The must be using the law of averages.

Unfortunately they rubber-stamped the "Mazda full circle inspection". Glad you got hood fixed.

They were in a rush at the end because even though I dropped the car off at 7:30 in the morning they didn't have it in getting the work done until around 3:00 so I'm guessing a different person did the 32 tire and set it for what seems to be the more common tire pressure level without finding out the correct pressure.

I tried not to sound like too much of a know-it-all when I made the appointment but mentioned that I'd heard there was some sort of bulletin on the problem and could see that the adhesive was torn so I thought it was funny when i called and he said that they had verified my diagnosis on it.

Last edited:
I'd thought about having them check the mirror at the same time but I really don't notice the vibration unless I really look for it and most of the time it is just a quick glance to the mirror. Plus it makes me nervous having them take the door panel off as I'd hate to end up with new squeaks or rattles from the process.

And I still flashback to the test drive where the salesperson took the key box off the window and flopped it onto the center console at the cup holders with the metal mount down. I cringed thinking 'I'm not going to buy this car if you just scratched the center console'. Fortunately, they didn't but I'm still not crazy about turning my cars over to other people that may not take as much care with it.

Last edited:
I guess it might move the slightest bit but if I weren't looking for it I'd never notice it now.

Mine also move a little bit on rough road, but I noticed it can, in the worst case, get to pretty long movements with the right rough road patch, one which will hit the resonance frequency of the hood. For example, when I traveled over pretty rough section on a highway it would only move very little but when I traveled over a bridge which had these small gaps at exactly the right distance, that otherwise seem much less rough, these stimulated the hood to move quite a bit

Is it the same for you?

On expansion joints on bridges I can see the slightest bit of movement if I really look for it now whereas before it would jump noticeably on those

Latest posts

Back