Post your CX-5 doing work. Towing

jayweh32

:
2013 Mazda CX5
Owned my blue Mazda CX-5 for half a year now but have only been a lurker on here. I just installed the curt class III hitch last night on my CX-5. Now I know it can only tow up to 2000lbs so I will not be pushing the vehicle but I do plan to tow a small utility trailer as I just sold my truck and need a way to get lumber and different supplies from the store. I also have a small camper popup style. What I would like to see is if anyone here uses the CX-5 to tow. What do you tow, how does the CX-5 handle the job, mpg while towing, and most importantly some pictures with the CX-5 hard at work.

Thanks

ourlee:
Keep me updated I would like to know how the CX-5 does pulling those out of the water. If cash flow allows sometime in the future would love to get my hands on a pair of skis.

Ourlee - No idea where I will be at....

Update - I had the opportunity to obtain a small popup camper, which was unrepairable, and decided to make this into a small utility trailer using the frame. I picked this up about 60 miles away after I knocked off the popup camper walls so it was just the plywood left. The CX5 towed it with ease barely noticing it was back there and averaged 26-27mpg at 65mph. I was pleased by the performance of the vehicle. Trailer probably only weighed 1000lbs max. Pictures to come when I get the trailer redone didnt have any of the maiden voyage.

Back