Got my CX-5 Stainless Steel Fog Light Trim

:
Former 2013 CX-5 GT owner
Its the one thing i really think should have been carried over from the concept cx5. I hate when people bling out with lots of chrome, or stainless in this case, but its subtle and blends well with the grill chrome. The all black plastic trim just looked cheap to me. They round out the front end imo and looks factory installed.

attachment.php

image.jpg

attachment.php

image.jpg

Last edited:
Another person on here has them as well. I found them on ebay. Its the only place ive found them and searched for them for a year till i saw the other guy post his car with them. There are other very gaudy ones that have 3 times the chrome and goes around the actual light too. I hate those ones.

Anyway, they come from korea from ebay. They were $40-ish dollars and are actual stamped and brushed stainless, not plastic like i thought they may be. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

Search ebay for cx-5 fog light trim. Lots of the ugly ones there, and i think two people with these, both from asia.

Last edited:
Will probably get this just to save me from having to mask the damn trim during detailing...

Thanks Nodnerb. Good find; I agree with you about the other more gaudy ones. These appear to be much cleaner and simpler. I assume you are happy with the quality? I may just get some.

Thanks Nodnerb. Good find; I agree with you about the other more gaudy ones. These appear to be much cleaner and simpler. I assume you are happy with the quality? I may just get some.

Yes, they were a perfect fit and are stamped stainless steel. I expected they may be plastic. They're exactly what I've been looking for since I bought the car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Look nice and clean i love it, but im afraid these wont last long with our crazy winter here in canada. Looking forward on how these will hold up with all the water, salt and debris.

Looks pretty good!!!

I was thinking about getting these also, planned to wrap them with some aluminium vinyl, but to cover one vertical side with black color so that the CX looks like have two teeth/hook, will post some picture once I am done.

I like it a lot. I'm (usually) always a fan of those subtle differentiators from stock and these lend a nice continuity to the whole front. Being stainless I think they should hold up pretty well and that helps keep the gaudy factor down. Good find!

I ordered a set tonight. My only reservation is that the stainless finish will contrast with the chrome around the grill, but I'm willing to take that chance for $40. In general, I agree with tknumber's comments above.

"Its the one thing i really think should have been carried over from the concept cx5. I hate when people bling out with lots of chrome, or stainless in this case, but its subtle and blends well with the grill chrome. The all black plastic trim just looked cheap to me. They round out the front end imo and looks factory installed."

Got the same ones Nodnerb for all the same reasons you listed. passed on the ones that covered the light as well, too much chrome! these are subtle and look factory installed i got mine in a set that includes the ones that cover the rear lights $61.99 shipping included, took only a week to be at my door. they play nicely with the roof rails and will be the only bling i plan on adding Mazda dd a great job with the styling. Ill post pictures as soon as i can figure that out.

Keep trying with the pics jzmac. I'm interested in seeing them on a "colored" car so I can get a better idea how they'll look on my sky blue touring. Go to "advanced" to make insertion easier. PS: How is the finish contrast with the chrome grill surround?

There are no instructions and nothing has to be removed. It is put on with double sided tape.

Latest posts

Back