carbon fiber pillar for the plastic part on the.door.

Azntiki

:
2014 mazda cx5 grand touring/ tech package
Hey guys finally got 2014 mazda cx 5 grand touring. Anybody know where I can get carbon fiber pillar? Every time I open the door my finger prints stay on it. I was thinking of putting the carbon fiber pillar over it.

Hey guys finally got 2014 mazda cx 5 grand touring. Anybody know where I can get carbon fiber pillar? Every time I open the door my finger prints stay on it. I was thinking of putting the carbon fiber pillar over it.
Problem is, it won't match any of the rest of the door trim.

Get some of the 3M carbon fiber effect 3D vinyl. Then DIY cover the pillars and the spoiler fillet to match. You can get rolls of the stuff at some auto parts places, or off eBay.

My recommendation to you is to check out 3M scotchprint 1080 vinyl, they have numerous selection of color and texture. get yourself a roll of "wrapcut" wire cutter to get a perfect cut without damaging any body parts. You can certainly go to carbon fiber or other black color with the 3M material, mostly available on ebay.

What I did on my Rav4 awhile back ago is I purchased sheets of real carbon fiber, then cut out the shape of it and literally laid it on top. It already came with 3M tape, so it stuck on well and no funny edges. You do have to sand the edges a bit though so you can get a softer feel to it. Takes awhile b/c sanding as you might know, takes off the clear coat and you're left with bare real carbon fiber which can prick you hands if you don't finish it off well. If you get a sheet thin enough and cut it right, it will hug the pillars so tight that it won't even matter.

Back