Black out my grill plastidip

TampaMS3

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
I've been wanting to black out my grill for awhile now so picked up a can of plastidip and made it happen ...In progress

1rd7.jpg

piuj.jpg

rypo.jpg

9cwf.jpg

Last edited:
Did this a month af ter I got my GT Black Mica. Decided to rip it off the next day since I and a few others thought it made the front look substantially cheaper. Pics are up... Somewhere on this forum.

Each to their own.

Did you get overspray on the inside of the grill? I felt like when you're spraying the DP it will get into the inside also.

The mazda6 grill is a photochop right?
I wish the CX has the mazda grill, looks good!

Car looks great overall with the wheels and black paint and all. I'd be curious to see what flat black on the grill area would've looked like instead. Otherwise the Xenons are really shown off better now.

Did this a month af ter I got my GT Black Mica. Decided to rip it off the next day since I and a few others thought it made the front look substantially cheaper. Pics are up... Somewhere on this forum.

Each to their own.

Yea, I had toyed with dipping some of my emblems, I decided against it. IMO dip looks ok at a glance or at far, but up close most of it looks like plastic hubcap material lol. I would probably coat the dip with acrylic paint so it matches the hood visor.

that looks really good, my gf has been urging me to do that to my cx5 as well. I think it would look better if you blacked out the M as well but thats just my opinion

Yea, I had toyed with dipping some of my emblems, I decided against it. IMO dip looks ok at a glance or at far, but up close most of it looks like plastic hubcap material lol. I would probably coat the dip with acrylic paint so it matches the hood visor.

EXACTLY. There's already enough matte plastic trim on the exterior of the CX-5... No need for more. The factory grill trim has just the right amount of chrome without looking cheesy.

but heyyy, just our opinions.

Last edited:
Back