plastidip5.jpg
    731.8 KB · Views: 6,308
  • plastidip4.jpg
    plastidip4.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 5,534
  • plastidip3.jpg
    plastidip3.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 1,704
Thanks for the reply, I was actually planning to get the Antracite Gray wheel kit. I'm thinking I'll end up ordering it with the glossifier cans.

That turned out really good, love the yellow. I just bought the Duplicolor caliper paint in black, you may have changed my mind.

How many can did you need for the rims?
I have met gray CX5 too, i just ordered 2 cans last week, i hope that it will be enough.

I did mine too. one can per wheel is what you need.
One can of glossiifier for all four wheels.

I have met gray CX5 too, i just ordered 2 cans last week, i hope that it will be enough.

If you order the complete wheel kit from dipyourcar, i remember it is about $50 shipped included a can of glossifier.
It will cost a little bit more if you order each can seperately. There are tons of tutorials on youtube shoow how to do it. My experience with anthracite plastidip is: they dry very fast, not as wet as regular spray can, I applied 5-6 thin layers, very easy to work with and they bond and settle very smoothly. Without the glossifier, the finish is matte/satin, i actually quite like that finish. With the glossifier, it will look more like alloy wheel, it will be your choice to add it or not. But this color is far better than the matte black that most people have been using in the past two years.

Here is mine, the first one is the original vs anthracite dip, the second is finished dip vs a layer of glossifier.

So the 2 cans i ordered wont be enough, i guess i should ordered 2 more cans right away.

Thank's shinjyo.

Thanks for sharing SHINJYO, looks great!
How many layers of glossifer did you use?
I'm waiting for my Anthracite wheel kit to ship from DYC.

Dude... Did you see my CX-5 and decide to do the same thing? My calipers are painted yellow and my rims are powdercoated matte black. I also live in NC...

If you order the complete wheel kit from dipyourcar, i remember it is about $50 shipped included a can of glossifier.
It will cost a little bit more if you order each can seperately. There are tons of tutorials on youtube shoow how to do it. My experience with anthracite plastidip is: they dry very fast, not as wet as regular spray can, I applied 5-6 thin layers, very easy to work with and they bond and settle very smoothly. Without the glossifier, the finish is matte/satin, i actually quite like that finish. With the glossifier, it will look more like alloy wheel, it will be your choice to add it or not. But this color is far better than the matte black that most people have been using in the past two years.

I was thinking about doing this to my OEM wheels in case I need to use them my car doesn't look same as the rest. Does the glossifier seem to be holding up against washing? Or do you need to reapply it? I would rather save and get them powder coated than have to maintain the coating; matte plastidip looks like plastic hubcaps imo.

2 cans might be cutting it I used about 3 plus a few coats of the clear on top. one problem you might face is towards to end of the can running out the paint tends to spit instead of spray so if that happens I would call it quits w that can.

Latest posts

Back