how do i remove the plastic cover on the A BEAM ?

wawaweewa

:
Mazda CX-5
hi,

i have an IRRITATING rattle from the left side A BEAM inside the car. i want to remove the white plastic cover and settle it.

the A Beam is the one in front , going from to roof, to the dashboard.

anyone tried it ? pics maybe ?

thanks !

hi,

i have an IRRITATING rattle from the left side A BEAM inside the car. i want to remove the white plastic cover and settle it.

the A Beam is the one in front , going from to roof, to the dashboard.

anyone tried it ? pics maybe ?

thanks !

Were you able to resolve this after removing the Pillar A plastic cover and what did you find exactly?

I have a similar buzzing noise that sounds like a vibrating thin metal piece coming from either the Pillar A area or the speaker area closest to it. I can't reproduce the sound nor stop it by holding or tapping the plastic covers, so it sounds like something underneath. Mine happens the first few minutes in the morning and then goes away almost completely making it hard to reproduce. Very annoying for sure.

YouTube video is identical to my car. It doesn't happen too often though, there is a more annoying higher pitched rattle from the very centre of the dash, can't pin point it at all. And as the colder weather arrives, the overhead panel rattles but I know I can fix that.

I just stuffed some landscape material in the A pillar and it stopped it.... stupid dealer refused to fix it

I put some foam tape just behind the lower section of my first 2013 CX5 without even removing the A pillar trim and that stopped it. I have the same issues that randomly occurs when the car is cold with my 2014 but I have been too lazy to fix it so far.

I'm trying to install a homelink dimming mirror and I'm noticing some connectors at the bottom of the A pillar, in the instruction description.Maybe those are hitting the A pillar.

Do you need to remove the door weather stripping in order to remove the A pillar trim (as indicated in the PDF)?

Do you need to remove the door weather stripping in order to remove the A pillar trim (as indicated in the PDF)?

Yes. It clips the trim to the A-pillar. Why would you think they put that in if it wasn't needed? (dunno)

No, the bit to remove it in the instructions not needed.

I always like to check the instructions against folks in the community who have done the work. Sometimes there are extra steps that are not necessary. Case in point, Ford's instructions for changing spark plugs on a 2000 Ford Taurus state to remove the upper intake as well as various wire harnesses and tubing to access the rear plugs. One of the taurus board members found you can skip this step if you access the rear plugs by removing the front plastic wiper cowl. It saves about an hour of work. In this case, I did not want to risk damage to one part if it did not need to be removed to access another part.

Back