Test Drove the 2014 CX-5

b_scott

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD - Meteor Gray Mica
Hello! I finally got to test drive one to see if I fit in it and liked the pickup. Yes on both counts. Really like this car. Unfortunately there was only a base Touring, not a fully loaded GT to test drive, so we didn't get the full experience - but we'll check one of those out before we buy in Sept/Oct.

My only issue was that there was a buzzing vibrating sound coming from the left of the steering wheel somewhere. I assume it was a fluke, but I can't deal with that if that normally happens. Anyone have a similar buzzing happen? I only got to try one, so it could've just been that exact car.

There are various little sections where plastic trim meets plastic or metal where it can buzz or click. I've chased down a few on my car.

well good to know it's treatable if it does happen. Thanks! :) Excited to hopefully get one in a couple months.

If you don't find the puzzle of chasing down noises yourself to be a fun activity then I'd recommend getting any you hear on the test drive corrected before you sign anything. My noises all popped up later but for any current noises don't take a "we'll get that corrected, just bring it back in tomorrow" as then you could end up with "can't find it" or "can't hear it" from them tomorrow.

I had a buzzing sound coming from the plastic trim covering the steering column, just behind the wheel.
It was mostly heard while driving slow and was caused by minor vibrations from the column getting to this piece. If I pressed my hand against the upper piece the sound would go away. What 'fixed it' was minor adjustment to the wheel's height.

seconding ALafya...

exactly the same phnomenon !!

(only mine was not resolved. i am considering opening the cover and isolating the buzzy point)

this is SOOOO annoying ~!

No buzzing in my CX-5 (2014 Touring), I also haven't experienced the rattle issue that others have reported. Hopefully if you do buy one and you have any buzzing or rattling the dealer can fix you up.

Latest posts

Back