white cx5?

lmbebo

thought i had put a deposit down on a stormy blue mica with sand interior. But car had been sold. I'm very particular about the sand interior. Always liked it since my first honda accord (black with tan interior).

They have a white one they can get. But thats it in the big local market for sand interiors.

Any thoughts on a white car?

I love our Crystal White Pearl. It glimmers in the sun & with street lights at night. Well worth the extra $200 they charge for the extra coats of pearl paint.
We have the black interior.
It is hard to keep a white car clean, every water spot shows up.

I love our Crystal White Pearl. It glimmers in the sun & with street lights at night. Well worth the extra $200 they charge for the extra coats of pearl paint.
We have the black interior.
No, it is hard to keep a black car clean! A white car is much more forgiving than a black or darker color be it red, dark gray, dark blue, and it does not show the rock chips nearly as badly, except on bumpers when the black plastic shows through, but that is what paint protection film is for. That is my opinion. We have a relative with a white car that never gets washed and it really does not look bad after weeks of not being washed until you get up close and personal with it. Claying that car is a b**** though. Had to use two bars of aggressive clay on that car! But it cleaned up nicely for sale.

But we could not see ourselves driving a white car, mostly because of the stark contrast with the black trim, so we went Liquid Silver, integrates better with the black, not so dark as the other colors.

In my opinion the White, Soul Red and Liquid Silver are the sexiest colors the CX-5 comes in. I love my Black CX-5 but if I could go back I would have got the white or Liquid Silver cause this thing is so hard to maintain.

I'm considering the liquid silver with black. Is it fair to ask them to at least discount the cost of window tinting in the sale of the car?

It's also very difficult for a body shop to match that color perfectly if that need ever arises. White was once and may still be one of the most popular colors for cars.

I'm considering the liquid silver with black. Is it fair to ask them to at least discount the cost of window tinting in the sale of the car?

Window tinting? the back window and rears are already factory tinted. That should not be factored in the price. Also do not ever let a dealer get your front windows tinted as they will most likely go the cheapest route and you'll get the crappiest quality tints.

I had a white Grand Cherokee and it was the easiest car I ever had to keep clean, but I love my Liquid Silver CX5 GT and it is also easy to keep clean and looking good.

I'm in Maryland too. Just got a soul red car a few weeks ago, particularly for the sand interior! Did you look for red?

Don't get a car color that you might not like. Just wait for the one you want to become available. If the dealer understands you're firm on this, they might get more motivated to look harder/further afield!

Window tinting? the back window and rears are already factory tinted. That should not be factored in the price. Also do not ever let a dealer get your front windows tinted as they will most likely go the cheapest route and you'll get the crappiest quality tints.
I have 3M ceramic tint on all 10 windows. Even though the rear is factory tinted to block out light, it still lets in heat.
The ceramic tint blocks out the heat.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Automotive/Crystalline_Automotive_Films/
The front windshield & rear 7 are clear film, front 2 side windows are 30%. Best $500 spent bc I don't even use a windshield screen & the steering wheel is not hot on a sunny day.

After trading up to the GT, I have fallen in love with the white pearl paint. The car looks so much more expensive and distinctive from the gray color I had on the Sport. It looks similar to a BMW you might see with the same paint. I also love the sand interior. It really jazzes up ambiance.

The only thing that made me hesitate for even a moment with the white is that my wife also drives a white car. But in the end I went with it anyway, the pearlescent effect is just too good looking not to pull the trigger on. The car I traded in was black, and the white is actually a lot easier to keep clean.

I have 3M ceramic tint on all 10 windows. Even though the rear is factory tinted to block out light, it still lets in heat.
The ceramic tint blocks out the heat.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Automotive/Crystalline_Automotive_Films/
The front windshield & rear 7 are clear film, front 2 side windows are 30%. Best $500 spent bc I don't even use a windshield screen & the steering wheel is not hot on a sunny day.

Oh yeah you cannot go wrong with Ceramic tints, the best heat rejection and great looks. You made the right choice. Yeah the factory tints do let in heat but I doubt that the dealership is installing ceramic tints. Most likely some cheap dye based film and no way should that become part of the "deal" :)

Oh yeah you cannot go wrong with Ceramic tints, the best heat rejection and great looks. You made the right choice. Yeah the factory tints do let in heat but I doubt that the dealership is installing ceramic tints. Most likely some cheap dye based film and no way should that become part of the "deal" :)
Yeah dealers will try to make the most $$ on accessories bc they're not making that much pure profit on the sale of the car.
For tints, they'll contract out the same guy that charged me $500 & probably add >$200 to pad their pockets.

thought i had put a deposit down on a stormy blue mica with sand interior. But car had been sold. I'm very particular about the sand interior. Always liked it since my first honda accord (black with tan interior).

They have a white one they can get. But thats it in the big local market for sand interiors.

Get the color car you really want.
There are thousands of cars available across the country, at other dealers.
If your dealer isn't willing to get the car you want, in a reasonable time frame, call a different dealer, and make sure you let your dealer know you are going to talk to a different dealer to get the car you really want.
That will light a fire under their butts.

You should never have to settle for a car, because that's all your dealer has in stock, or is willing to get.
Get the car you want.

BC.

I also wanted stormy blue mica with sand interior.
Having just sold a midnight blue car, I knew how hard dark colours are to keep clean.
The Stormy blue mica only looked brilliant in direct sunlight for me.
Went to a motor show which had CX5 in Stormy blue/sand.
Interior had become very soiled and grubby which ruled it out for me due to carrying children.

Purchased pearl white, looks great with contrasting dark tinted windows and body trim.
Happy hunting.

I ended up with a white GT with black interior...my car prior was a silver color (2004 Honda CR-V). I love the white when it's clean, but it doesn't stay clean for more than 3 or 4 days tops. I kind of miss the ability to go weeks without washing the silver car and not really noticing that much. Oh, and bugs have more guts/blood in them than you think they do. I can't seem to keep my front bumper clean. If I had to do it again, I would be STRONGLY considering the liquid silver. It seems to be the best of both worlds in that it looks great when clean, but doesn't look so bad when it's not clean.

DH got the 2014 Mazda 6 in liquid silver...so I see it in all stages of dirty/clean. Looks pretty good no matter.

I've found white to be the easiest to deal with. I've gone weeks without washing mine and from 10-15 feet back it looks clean. From up closer when it is dirty it just looks like a different shade of white. When I wash it then I can see a difference but white hides dirt, dings and pretty much everything well.
I had a white 240Z that had an old $250 maaco paint job on it and if you looked close it had dings, scratches and areas along the bottom that were repainted with rattle cans but I'd actually have people ask me about when I had it painted because from just a little bit away it looked great.

The only drawback for me is when I spend all the time washing, polishing and waxing/sealing it there isn't the wow factor that a darker color would have.

Back