MOCO Hosts JBR at Mid-Ohio Continental Tire / Rolex Series Races

JBR

Authorized Vendor
:
09' & 2011 MazdaSpeed3
First, I need to take a moment to thank Marlon @MOCO MS3; and his lovely wife Lauri for having us out to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this past weekend for the Continental Tire and Rolex Sports Car Challenge Series races.

I honestly can’t think of a time I’ve enjoyed more in my automotive career. Marlon and Laurie went way out of their way to show me and my guys an outstanding time. Two of the nicest, most passionate Mazda enthusiasts you'll ever meet. Thank You both!!

IMG_1579.JPG

Now, if you guys don’t know what MOCO (Mazda Owner Corral Operations) is all about, then it’s about time you do. Marlon and Lauri run MOCO and MOCO is a family. This family consists of race teams like I-MOTO Racing, Speed Source, Freedom Autosport and CJ Wilson Racing as well partners like James Barone Racing and CR3 Motorsports just to name a few. Marlon and Laurie organize weekend long events at various Grand Am races that you guys can attend by buying ridiculously cheap tickets to attend, as well as park and meat up in your own private corral. Over the years Marlon and Lauri have developed a very close relationship with Mazda, with the race teams and with the tracks that they host these events at. Such a good relationship in fact, that you as a MOCO member will get to do things that very few enthusiasts ever get to do. Such as, Gridding the races, private paddock tours of several of the Mazda race teams, participation in driver change challenges against the pros, possibly work in the pits during an actual race and when the races are over you get to drive your Mazda on the track. MOCO organizes raffles of really cool stuff donated by the racing teams and their partners so you have a chance to win some great prizes and lunch is provided on race day too. All of this because you are a Mazda enthusiast. Oh, and did I mention that you get to watch some of the most exciting racing in all of motorsports?!?! Let me tell you, it’s a mind blowing good time. Think about it....$30-$40 for a ticket and gets you 2-3 days of unrestricted access to the Mazda race teams, participation in the on track activities, food on race day and to hang out with your fellow Mazda enthusiasts. Seriously, it's a no brainer.

Not only is this a great time but, the the money raised from the raffles goes directly to the charities that the race teams support. Like, the CJ Wilson’s Children’s Charities, Autism Speaks, The Semper FI Fund and many more. Do yourself a favor and follow MOCO on their facebook page so you can learn more about MOCO and where they'll be hosting the next corral. Feel free to contact me or Marlon, MOCO MS3 for more information. JBR will be attending as many of these events as possible so hopefully we'll see you out there.

Here are some pics and vids of what you could see if you attend...

A small portion of the MOCO corral
IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

Around the Track
IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

And on the track
IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_1995.JPG

Cars exiting pit road for recon lap and gridding...You could be standing here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDbMMwNPUY

I-MOTO MAZDASPEED 3 Pit stops, shot from the pits!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0VWtB0-ug&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD-optkUCpE&feature=youtu.be

Here is the remaining 2013 corral schedule.

*Watkins Glen-6 hour- June 29-30, 2013*

*Indianapolis-July 26, 2013*

**Road America- August 9-11, 2013 w/ ALMS**

*Kansas Speedway-August 17, 2013*

**Mazda Raceway- September 6-8, 2013**

**Lime Rock Park- September 26-28, 2013**

** Confirmed Corrals**

Last edited:
Back