Going over 80Mph for the first time - 2014 CX-5 AWD

charlie8686

:
Mazda, CX-5 AWD
I just trade in my old '01 626ES for CX-5 AWD over the weekend. And this morning's work commute was light so I tried to floor my gas and attempt to go over 80mph at empty Hwy. As I finally reached 80Mph mark and attempt to floor more gas to go over, I didn't felt the power from the engine as I suspect. It feels like there's a trap speed of 80mph or something. But then again, I could be wrong because I also had to slow down to exit the high way. Can any CX-5 drivers shares their high speed driving experiences? I want to know if there's any manufacture trap speed by default? And if not, perhaps I should try to speed again tonight. (limb)

Or maybe you could not post on a public forum about how you are attempting to break the law and endanger the public, regardless of whether the highway was empty when you started.

Or maybe you could not post on a public forum about how you are attempting to break the law and endanger the public, regardless of whether the highway was empty when you started.

From your take of angle, I am totally agrees with you. This sets bad example. But this forum is for CX-5 Engine and Drivetrain, I just want to know if there's any trap speed on CX-5. I would appreciate if you have any intake or further comments towards to my topic.

Don't be ridiculous, whatever the f%*k a "trap speed" is,there isn't one (certainly not at a mere 80 mph!) on the CX-5 or any other car for that matter. How about reading the owners manual, especially the part about engine beak-in procedures for the first 600 miles!

Brad 2.0 lol

Man at one point during my trip last weekend I was at 92-93 mph not realizing it, the road was totally dead! I think it was RT 200 in Maryland right in your town actually what a coincidence Brad 2.0. I usually have my speed alert on the navigation set at 75. It rings when I hit that speed for a while but then shuts off. I would love to see how it handles 100+ mph one day, on the dyno that is not in traffic ;)

You think going 80mph endangers the public?

130 km/h (~80mph) is cruise speed in the middle lanes on the 407 in Toronto.

Although I do also think this is a troll thread :)

High speed experiences, many, the diesel goes fast, easily and without fuss. 120mph doesnt feel out of place for such a large car. There is surprisingly little difference between 80mph and 120mph.

70 or 80, there is hardly a difference, apart from fuel consumption! For a government short of cash, its an odd thing to do.

You think going 80mph endangers the public?
His stated desire was to go faster than 80, so assuming a speed limit of 65, he is wanting to go at least 20mph over the limit. I would say that is a bit reckless, yes. Not to mention a very hefty ticket. ;)

Law breaking, failing to floor it, "trap speed", maybe he's driving in Texas with 80+ speed limits, break-in period abuse, fast and furious, wtf, laughable at best.

Not really, more revenue from using more fuel.

Anyway 80-90mph is common place on UK motorways.
There already is an unofficial 80mph limit.

70 or 80, there is hardly a difference, apart from fuel consumption! For a government short of cash, its an odd thing to do.

Back