wiper replacement - are you happy with OEM blades?

:
CX-5, fwd auto
My CX-5 is 8 months old with 8000 Km (or 5000 miles) that went through 5 months of rainy season in the Pacific Northwest.

My passenger side wiper streaks with visible lines and rear wiper makes noise and sometimes skips a little. I have used to Honda or Toyota blades that lasted at least one year, if not hear and half.

Are you happy with durability of OEM wiper blades? If not have you used other brand that you are happy about?
Your comment will be great as I am looking to replace my wiper blades soon.
I understand by reading online review that some bosch wipers or Piazza wipers are great, but I am looking for reasonable priced wiper blades that I can buy over the counter.

Does Mazda Canada cover worn wiper blades under warranty within 1st year?

Many thanks

Does Mazda Canada cover worn wiper blades under warranty within 1st year?

Many thanks

No. Wiper blades are a normal wear item.

I can't help you on replacements, mine are still looking good.

Last edited:
PIAA or Bosch. Don't waste your money on anything else that will last a fraction of how these reputable brands last.

Also noticed some streaking lines on our blades. 10 mos of ownership @10k miles. Going to try to wipe the blades off with a towel.

Jeff

Remember to thoroughly clean your windshield too. Over time pollen, sap, tar, grease, etc can build up.

Got aerotwins on, still some streaking even when glass and blade are dead clean.

Watch the blade carefully when it wipes, especially the lower part of the drivers blade,it vibrates across the screen. For me, the quality of the wipe and mechanism is not top, the pressure on the blade may be is not optimal. This theory is backed up by how flimsy the blade arm and mech is when you lift it away for cleaning and also how much play there is in the mech. Cost cutting, weight saving?

Many thanks for the replies.
Anyone know where you can buy PIAA in Canada (without paying shipping or duties?) Also I read some where in Mazda 3 forum that piaa refill can be used on OEM wiper, if anyone knows if this is true?
This is because my dealer's parts department just told me that I should be replacing entire wiper instead of blade insert from Mazda as once you tak the original blades, the mazda replacement refill does not fit well anymore, is this also true?)

Last edited:
Watch the blade carefully when it wipes, especially the lower part of the drivers blade,it vibrates across the screen.

My CX-5 doesn't do that. Maybe you have some contaminates on your wiper blade or windshield.

I live in a very rainy area and drive at night in the rain a lot so good wipers are important to me and I've never had a problem with the CX-5. The wipers on my 2010 Ford F-150 are much bigger and heavier but they don't work nearly as well, even with new blades.

My car is three months old with 10,000km on it with lots of rain/snow here in Ontario. I've had no problems with my wipers.

We have a set of Bosch on our CRV and it didn't last long either, before was leaving streak lines.

26000 miles with original wipers and still work fine, but then i dont use them much because i use the orange pisser pump fluid (rainx, anti bug, anti ice)

26000 miles with original wipers and still work fine, but then i dont use them much because i use the orange pisser pump fluid (rainx, anti bug, anti ice)

Ditto, 22000 miles, front OEM blades still working fine but windsheild is Rain-X'd and orange fluid too. When the wear out I'll probably go to Rain-X blades.

The rear setup never cleans properly, didn't on my CX-7 either but I could never find a better replacement :(

I Aquapel my windshield each fall, water beads and slides off for 6 months so I am covered all winter. I barely use my wipers so OEM are just fine for the occasional salt buildup removal. I've never noticed much difference with the Rain-X liquid or whipers compared with the (more expensive) Aquapel treatment.

Hate to revive such an ancient thread, but just wanted to say that I found the OE to be fantactic blades. I did my best to keep both the windshield cleaned and treated and also keep the blades clean, which I've found increases the life exponentially. Anyhow, bought my CX-5 exactly 4 years ago, and only now needing to replace the OE. Looking to just nab a set of refills, as opposed to seeking out an aftermarket replacement. Always hit or miss with those. XD

Hate to revive such an ancient thread, but just wanted to say that I found the OE to be fantactic blades. I did my best to keep both the windshield cleaned and treated and also keep the blades clean, which I've found increases the life exponentially. Anyhow, bought my CX-5 exactly 4 years ago, and only now needing to replace the OE. Looking to just nab a set of refills, as opposed to seeking out an aftermarket replacement. Always hit or miss with those. XD
Mazda actually make oem refills for much cheaper then replacing the whole arm. I believe med center Mazda, the sponsor at the top of the page sells them. www.mazda-parts.org

Back