eBay Roof Rails with Tape HAHAHAHAHA

nXt

:
2014 CX-5 Touring FWD Tech Pkg
So I'm just browsing eBay for CX-5 accessories, and I see this: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
CX-5-B(09)-23_03.jpg

It's installed with DOUBLE SIDED TAPE, BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AND, the first one is $138 and the second one is $180!!! WTF Chuck??

Man, I've seen some cheesy Chineese accessory items on this forum, but this site takes the cake!!!

nice, now we need to add a non functional hood scoop also...jk

I cannot believe they made stuff like that. is sad

I wonder if they have any fake stick on moon roofs? I'd really like people to think I have 3 of them instead of just the one I have.

I wonder if they have any fake stick on moon roofs? I'd really like people to think I have 3 of them instead of just the one I have.

You could get the stick on wind deflectors. From a distance your dream would be achieved.

I actually may buy some of these fake roof rails. Then I will make a fake kayak out of cardboard to put on it. Sweet!!

Man, I've seen some cheesy Chineese accessory items on this forum, but this site takes the cake!!!
Actually, this is a good accessory for bank robbers, philanderers and anyone working to expose grand conspiracies. While making your get-away, these roof-rails offer an additional level of defense from local "heroes" who might run after you and, with your doors locked, jump on your car, hood, windshield, roof to prevent a clean get-away. It happens in the movies on a regular basis. The "hero" will naturally reach for the safety of your shiny roof rails at which point a couple of quick swerves should suffice to remove said intruder from the exterior of your get-away vehicle. Zoom-Zoom!

Not bad for people who like the roof rails for the look. I personally don't on smaller CUV's. Could be useful for some I guess but those prices are indeed ridiculous just for a stylish look..

Actually, this is a good accessory for bank robbers, philanderers and anyone working to expose grand conspiracies. While making your get-away, these roof-rails offer an additional level of defense from local "heroes" who might run after you and, with your doors locked, jump on your car, hood, windshield, roof to prevent a clean get-away. It happens in the movies on a regular basis. The "hero" will naturally reach for the safety of your shiny roof rails at which point a couple of quick swerves should suffice to remove said intruder from the exterior of your get-away vehicle. Zoom-Zoom!

mike m. might be on to something... the roof rails could be a disguise, like clark kent's eyeglasses. just add more chrome and fake carbon fiber stick-ons like antennas and stuff from ebay. when you quickly remove them, it's an entirely different, mild-mannered vehicle.

One might be surprised at the strength of industrial grade double sided tape. Ed
i'm not doubting the strength of 3m's vhb tape - used in modern architecture skyscraper panels. but it's all in the context of application. not to mention how sturdy or well made are those rails? what can go wrong?

One might be surprised at the strength of industrial grade double sided tape. Ed

Yes, it's possible I might be surprised at it's strength but, it's also possible that, I might be surprised at it's ability to fail at an inopportune moment.

I prefer not to be surprised ;-)

Stick-on window visors, stick-on roof-rails, I'll gladly pass. Defeats the purpose of millions of dollars of work by Mazda in wind-tunnel. (not to mention, I don't consider roof rails a good place for use of 2-sided tape)

Sweet. In for one set of rubber racks and a fake turbo decal too. Now all we need are plastic spinners for the stock wheels.

Back