2012 Skyactiv Mazda3 CorkSport Intake

03zoomzoom

:
2012 Mazda 3 i Touring
My intake showed up @ work today. It somehow crossed the country in 2 days...threw it on after work today and I couldn't be happier! I'm anxious to see the how the mpg's change. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20130509_162037_213.jpg
    IMG_20130509_162037_213.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 527
It picked up 2 mpgs. I went from 32.4 to 34.5 mpgs. I really like the way it sounds, especially over 3k rpms. It has a healthy sound.

I have a 13 Skyactiv HB with an AT (booo!) and it sounds really garggly almost diesel like lol in low rpm ranges, you experience that? Other than that I love this thing as well!! My dad (ASE Certified MasterTech) even said he was impressed with the quality of materials used in the part and thickness of the silicone!! Over 3K rpms is pretty awesome sounding!

I have a 13 Skyactiv HB with an AT (booo!) and it sounds really garggly almost diesel like lol in low rpm ranges, you experience that? Other than that I love this thing as well!! My dad (ASE Certified MasterTech) even said he was impressed with the quality of materials used in the part and thickness of the silicone!! Over 3K rpms is pretty awesome sounding!

The garggly is normal with the auto transmission models Skyactiv models. The way the intake manifold is designed and the DI system makes it sound that way. I will pass along the compliments to our engineers on the materials.

-Derrick

I haven't heard much in the low rpms, but I've got the 6 speed manual. I filled up today and got 36.4 mpgs. Can't shake a stick at that.

We tell a lot of people you should get better MPGs, but most people can't resist using that extra power and just drive faster everywhere.

Just got back from an 1100 mile trip from Ohio to Tennessee and with the a/c running thru the mountains and the 75 mph on the highway, I ended up with 38 mpg. That intake sounds SOOOOO good flying thru those back mountain country roads.

Back