'03 PT Cruiser Turbo to '14 CX-5 Touring?

Current daily driver is an '03 PT GT with 120,000 miles. Planning to swap to a '14 CX-5 Touring sometime in the next few months. Anyone make the switch from a PT to the '14 CX-5? Both have similar interior space. Both cars weigh about the same. But...the PT GT has 215HP vs 185HP for the CX-5. Not a big problem for my driving style and the CX-5 will beat the PT for mileage by a wide margin. Plus the PT needs premium fuel while the CX-5 does not. All good in my book.

Anyway...just curious to see if any PT folks made the switch to a CX-5.
Thanks for reading!
Bill

My wife and I are doing this swap but with a 2.0 soon... Not worried about the down power...

It happens to drive far better which we are excited about... But you're right, the interior space and mileage we are pumped for...

Oh and btw... Unless you're stage1 on that thing, you don't have to do premium ;)

Good to see you on here!

Thanks for the reply!
The PT GT is a fun car to drive hard. Hence the premium fuel to get all of the HP available. We're going to test drive a CX-5 in the next couple of weeks to make sure we like it enough to buy. I think we will. We'll see...
Bill

The ptgt motor was put into the neon srt4... Very stout engine... Not great in the efficiency department though...

Not sure...in the PT it's a 2.4L turbo. Looks like the SS had a supercharger.
Bill

the cobalt ss came both ways, supercharged OR turbo IIRC...
i believe it depends on the year or trim of ss you got...im sure you can google it

i know because i'm a mechanic and i've worked on both...(unless people decided to put a tubo in their normally s/c car or viceversa)

Back