front supension dust boot broken

cx5forever

:
CX-5, GS AWD
Hi, When I changed my winter tires back to original tires I found that both the front suspension dust boots were broken. Anyone has the same situation?

Went back to dealer for oil change and notified them the dust boots split. They ordered the parts to change since it is under warranty. ;)

me too, asked dealer about it, said there willl most likely be a recall on this part as they are constantly replacing them, but with the same part... so Its a never ending loop.

My dealer said they will also do a alignment for free after they replace mine when they get the new part.
This would be a perfect time to install lowering springs if I where to have some

Except the dealer would not install them for you as part of a warranty repair.

Of course, If I was to have them install springs , I would expect to pay for the install. but probably work it in the "deal" to keep my alignment free, since they would have done it anyway.

In a way, the dealership would win on all sides, since Mazda Canada pays for the alignment, and I would pay for the install.

Of course, If I was to have them install springs , I would expect to pay for the install. but probably work it in the "deal" to keep my alignment free, since they would have done it anyway.

In a way, the dealership would win on all sides, since Mazda Canada pays for the alignment, and I would pay for the install.
Except that's not the way it works with warranty repairs. The dealer has to document to Mazda Canada that the car has been repaired under the terms of the warranty with genuine Mazda parts. Mazda would disallow the warranty claim if the car were put back together with non-oem parts.

Of course, if the springs are already installed when coming in to change the boots on warranty, i guess it could cause a problem (if the mechanic even notices the springs ;-). but I don't see how coming in all OEM to change a part on warranty can cause an issue.

Maybe if the dealership puts it all on the same bill of work...
But its quite easy to write up a bill for installing springs that is done separately and after the warranty work... seen it done before on my previous car at my dealership (when replacing bushings on my speed).

ex:

bill 1 - replace dust boot on warranty work, alignment required done on warranty work
bill 2 - install customer xxx parts , fill in labour hours and charge client

Maybe my dealership just likes making money... and it so happens its good for business when they do stuff like that... makes people want to go to them for service.
If they where stuck up about this, i would not even do my oil changes there.. just bring in the bills as proof to keep my warranty.

My dealership is actually very mod happy, selling aftermarket wheels, spacers, suspension parts brakes, vinyl wrap... Very cool specially considering the fact that mazda claims to be zoom zoom and all.

They installed eibach springs and koni yellow shocks on my speed3 and have always been very good about even maintaining warranty on the installation of these parts/not the parts themselves (of course).

Checked mine today when the winter tires came off...... same problem. Back to the dealer, I suppose.

Did they fix it yet?

Dropped in to the dealer to have this fixed today, along with an oil change. The new covers seems just as flimsy as the old ones, but I really didn't look closely enough at the old ones to be sure......

Hi All,

The dust covers for the suspension are split again. This time the dealer changed the dust cover and did the alignment. However, last time, they broke the clip holding the ABS cable on the driver side and they just tied the cable with zip tie. Their response is that there is no supply of the clip from Mazda Canada. I emailed Mazda Canada regarding this. This is ridiculous. The dealer said if the clip is on the ABS harness and it costs CAD1,500 for that. I think it is violation of consumer protection law or fair trade law for not providing a one time clip and ask the customer to buy the whole harness. Moreover, it is under warranty! Anybody has the same issue?

Attachments

• Clip holding ABS cable..pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Back