Meguiar's White Wax????

Mdbernie

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Stormy Blue Mica
So I have a white Hyundai that my kids drive, and I hate waxing the thing, b/c you can't see where you've applied the wax. So I tried Meguiar's White Wax which says on the box: "Take the guess work out of waxing." I assumed that meant it had a mild tint so it shows up when you wax a white car. But it applies and dries just as white as every other paste wax, and doesn't seem to be otherwise anything special. Anyone tried this stuff? Can someone tell me how this takes the guesswork out of waxing???

Do they say it takes the guesswork out of waxing a white car? Maybe they just mean that it makes it easier to see the residue on a colored car.

Do they say it takes the guesswork out of waxing a white car? Maybe they just mean that it makes it easier to see the residue on a colored car.

No, it specifically says "For a brilliantly bright shine on White to Light Paint. Perfect on all light colors." and "specially formulated for white and light colored paints."

How long did you leave it to dry? put it on in the sun or shade? The wax does have a slight yellow tint to it making it easier to see on a white car, paris is correct. How do I know? I've already used it on my 6 in conjunction with the ultimate liquid wax. We are getting some bad tree pollen around my way, every morning I simply wipe it off and the shine and slickness of the wax remains in tact.

How long did you leave it to dry? put it on in the sun or shade? The wax does have a slight yellow tint to it making it easier to see on a white car, paris is correct. How do I know? I've already used it on my 6 in conjunction with the ultimate liquid wax. We are getting some bad tree pollen around my way, every morning I simply wipe it off and the shine and slickness of the wax remains in tact.

I followed the instructions--washed and dried; apply to cool car in the shade. There was no yellow in mine. We've got lots of pollen here, too, and I think Gio, that you are confusing the yellow in the pollen for the wax. My tube of wax was white as snow. Went on white; dried to a white haze. No tint. No how.

I haven't used it, my white car phase died a few years back.

However, I did read this on a detailer forum. Meg white is more of a cleaner wax with a bit more cleaners than the normal cleaner wax offered. The black on the other had, is formulated with more polishing agents (abrasives, blah blah chemically stuff).

Maybe that is what their poorly worded "take the guess work out" was implying... that you don't have to guess which wax / cleaner works for your color, they put it right on the label. Right up there with "do not drink the shampoo".

I haven't used it, my white car phase died a few years back.

However, I did read this on a detailer forum. Meg white is more of a cleaner wax with a bit more cleaners than the normal cleaner wax offered. The black on the other had, is formulated with more polishing agents (abrasives, blah blah chemically stuff).

Maybe that is what their poorly worded "take the guess work out" was implying... that you don't have to guess which wax / cleaner works for your color, they put it right on the label. Right up there with "do not drink the shampoo".

MiataBernie, I think you are exactly right. Wish I had my $8 back. The sometimes hard to find "Liquid Glass" cleaner/wax I normally use works much better, anyway.

Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax is the way to go, the stuff lasts for months, water still beads up on our CX-5 and I applied that stuff about 3 months ago.

The White wax definitely has a darker tint that the liquid wax, it's clearly noticeable. And no, it's not the pollen lol no one's going to apply wax to a pollen filled exterior :D

I emailed McGuiars about this, and they wrote back in one day, saying they do not make any claim about the product drying a certain shade or color and offering a refund if I submit proof of purchase. Seems reasonable to me.

Latest posts

Back