-||- New Member Intro -||-

Bsaint

:
LSx M3, Tiguan, CX-5
Whats up everyone, I figured I'd join the forum after my wife and I purchased a 2014 CX-5 to replace her Mazda 3. I'm a big forum person and am mostly on german car forums, so be nice ;).

Anyways Pics of her ride, and mine before you ask.

It's a 2014 CX-5 Touring, moonroof/bose.

Obviously I can't leave anything alone so tinted the windows for her blacked out the front logo and just dipped her wheels and throwing HIDs in this week. One thing that bothers me about the stock 17" wheels is they don't seem to sit as flush as I would like and almost give the CX-5 bulky overhang look. I'm interested to see if any of you have put spacers on the front and rear and if so what mm to give it more of a flush look. She also wants me to wrap her roof like on my car so I will probably be doing that soon as well.

I'll grab some more/better non phone pics soon.

Filthy after a quick road trip.
333avl.jpg

222tqh.jpg

photo2as.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on new CX-5.

Good pics showing 2 compact SUV's with similar lightly murdered-out treatments. Also nicely shows how much better/sleeker the CX-5 styling is.

That's a sweet VW! Welcome!

Thank you sir, yeah after some back and fourth I decided the Tiguan was just more of a fit for me then the CX-5. But both are fun to drive though.

Welcome and congrats on new CX-5.

Good pics showing 2 compact SUV's with similar lightly murdered-out treatments. Also nicely shows how much better/sleeker the CX-5 styling is.

No problem, I do like the lines of the CX-5 a lot, actually more then the Tiguan, but even the 2.5 engine which we have just isn't enough car for me. The turbo in the Tig deff put it over the top for me. Both have their goods and bads.

another shot of the VW.
washbay.jpg

Plus I plan on heading in a different direction with mine than her car.
tumblrmjo5zsaiik1rxqpmc.jpg

Last edited:
No problem, I do like the lines of the CX-5 a lot, actually more then the Tiguan, but even the 2.5 engine which we have just isn't enough car for me. The turbo in the Tig deff put it over the top for me. Both have their goods and bads.

another shot of the VW.
washbay.jpg

Agreed, both SUV's have unique strengths. Neither SUV has the power to be "enough car" for my taste, therefore I have 2 higher power sport sedans to satisfy that need.

Certainly your M3 satisfies any need for speed kind of power requirement!

Last edited:
Agreed, both SUV's have unique strengths. Neither SUV has the power to be "enough car" for my taste, therefore I have 2 higher power sport sedans to satisfy that need.

Certainly your M3 satisfies any need for speed kind of power requirement!

hahah yea pretty much, thats what our Toys are for :)

Just of the small SUVs I drove (Crv, rav4, cx5, escape, tiguan, rouge,) the Tig had the best power delivery and handling combo.

Plus who doesn't like a little turbo in their life :)

Last edited:
Back