CX-5 TPMS Sensor Part #

Voda Pas

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 & 2012 Mazda 5
Does anyone know the part # for the CX-5's TPMS sensors? On ebay I'm finding good deals on TPMS sensors with the part # BBM2-37-140B. They list it fitting every late model Mazda produced but predictably the listings only go as recent as 2012 so the CX-5 isn't listed. I only hesitate because my wife's 2012 Mazda 5 has different looking valve stems than my CX-5 has and knowing my luck if I ordered BBM2-37-140B I'd find out that they changed the design in 2013 and then I'm stuck. I greatly appreciate any info provided. Thanks!

The CX-5 does not use sensors in the wheels, it counts revolutions of the wheels with the anti-lock brake sensor and compares the four. If a tire is low it will rotate faster, thats why you have to reset it when you change a tire or change air pressure so it will have a new basis for comparing the four wheel speeds to account for normal tire wear...

The CX-5 does not use sensors in the wheels, it counts revolutions of the wheels with the anti-lock brake sensor and compares the four. If a tire is low it will rotate faster, thats why you have to reset it when you change a tire or change air pressure so it will have a new basis for comparing the four wheel speeds to account for normal tire wear...
True story.

the cx-5 does not use sensors in the wheels, it counts revolutions of the wheels with the anti-lock brake sensor and compares the four. If a tire is low it will rotate faster, thats why you have to reset it when you change a tire or change air pressure so it will have a new basis for comparing the four wheel speeds to account for normal tire wear...

bam!

actually it's old technology...lol
that's how tpms got started...then they switched over to sensors...

and apparently they're switching back...

Back