Close windows on car lock

Seper

Is it true that the CX-5 does not close the power windows when you lock its doors via keyfob ? I can't understand it, It has advanced features like auto door lock based on distance but is lacking one of the most basic functions all cars should have.

There is no way to close the windows automatically when leaving the car ? If not, is there a way to get it with aftermarket parts ?

Thanks,

Roberto

No way unless you install an aftermarket alarm system that includes the feature or a dedicated remote power window module. You will be carrying two remotes just for this purpose...

I was upset when I learned that the CX-5 didn't have the remote feature or the feature that let's you open/close the Windows via the outside door lock. My Mother-in-laws CX-7 and my neighbors CX-9 both can do it, so I though the later model CX-5 would be a shoe in for that feature. (dunno)

I've got one of these window roll up modules:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
that I never installed in my last car and would love it if there was a trigger wire somewhere in the keyless system I could tap into for it.

I keep coming back to the car to find I've left one of the rear windows down a bit

I was upset when I learned that the CX-5 didn't have the remote feature or the feature that let's you open/close the Windows via the outside door lock. My Mother-in-laws CX-7 and my neighbors CX-9 both can do it, so I though the later model CX-5 would be a shoe in for that feature. (dunno)

Yeah, My 13 year old Volvo has headlight wipers.

On my CX-5 I have to manually wipe the headlights with a rag if I want full light output after driving through winter grime (oh, horrors!).

When I was a child, we had to manually crank our windows up and down. Makes me wonder how we ever survived. Now we have four switches placed at the tips of our fingers and it's still a struggle, lol!

There's probably some irony being able to type that into a tiny box and having it instantly spread through computers, phones etc across the world.
Even better, I didn't have to type that response - it was entered using Microsoft's Speech to Text App on their new Surface Pro Tablet! Works a treat!

Isn't technology amazing?

Often it only takes a ECU remap.

My present car came with a drivers window that had to have the up switch held on, very irksome, after a new seat swab was replaced the car got the latest mapping, the window when up on one touch afterwards as did the sun roof.

I'd rather not pay for all these "extras" they just make the car more expensive needlessly IMHO

Yeah, My 13 year old Volvo has headlight wipers.

On my CX-5 I have to manually wipe the headlights with a rag if I want full light output after driving through winter grime (oh, horrors!).

When I was a child, we had to manually crank our windows up and down. Makes me wonder how we ever survived. Now we have four switches placed at the tips of our fingers and it's still a struggle, lol!

Don't forget about manual door locks and chokes, and actually having to having the timing set on a distributor, along with wires, plugs, cap and rotor.
God forbid you owned a car with points and a condensor.

People have it so rough now a days.
Don't even need a road map anymore, just complain that their GPS is too small to see, even though the voice reads off the directions you need to take as you drive, and tells you which way to turn before you get to your turn.

BC.

Don't forget about manual door locks and chokes, and actually having to having the timing set on a distributor, along with wires, plugs, cap and rotor.
God forbid you owned a car with points and a condensor.

^+1

When I bought a car or motorcycle that came with points, the first thing I would do I'd do is install an aftermarket electronic ignition if one was available. This always made the engine run better (due to the better advance curves and hotter spark) and it eliminated the constant adjustment/replacement of the points.

The two 1969 Nissan Patrol's I had both came with a manual crank starter. It was a heavy steel bar that fit through a hole in the front bumper and into a receptacle on the end of the crankshaft of the big 4L 6 cylinder block. After setting the manual choke and throttle lock on the dash, you would turn the key on, walk to the front of the vehicle and crank with all your might. The colder the weather, the more difficult it was to turn over. But, assuming it was properly tuned, it would start right up, even if it was 15 degrees F. and the battery was completely flat (assuming you were strong enough to get it moving). Those were the days, lol!

To the OP, I'm not aware of any after-market solution to roll up all the windows with one button but if you find anything, please post it right here!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back