CX-5 Side Window Deflectors Installed (photos)

So what does this accomplish?

I guess they are a must have if U ask me:

They direct wind to passenger and driver better when window down
Keep car cooler in hot temperatures while stops water from getting in
And oh they look hot lol!

Any tips on the install? I bought some when we picked up the car Saturday. Will install next weekend.

Any tips on the install? I bought some when we picked up the car Saturday. Will install next weekend.

These are the Genuine Mazda OEM, bought here:https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It was quite hard to install them since you have to pull the window rubber trim off and then back. I had to use a hair dryer since the temperature was below 60 and in order for the glue to bond, it has to be warmer than 60. Just follow the instructions on the guide that comes with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I picked up the Genuine Mazda OEM accessory hood deflector, moon roof deflector, and window deflectors when we bought the car this past weekend. Installed the hood deflector last night. Fairly easy, but the widow deflectors look a tad more involved. Glad to hear they work well.

Thanks for the feedback. I picked up the Genuine Mazda OEM accessory hood deflector, moon roof deflector, and window deflectors when we bought the car this past weekend. Installed the hood deflector last night. Fairly easy, but the widow deflectors look a tad more involved. Glad to hear they work well.

Let me know what you think about the moon roof deflector. I was going to pick one up but they're pricy.
I did order a hood deflector and should arrive tomorrow.

I guess they are a must have if U ask me:

They direct wind to passenger and driver better when window down
Keep car cooler in hot temperatures while stops water from getting in
And oh they look hot lol!

That's funny....you say they keep the car cooler and then mention they look hot!

Run channel R&R

Received my oem defectors today. I took a quick look at the instructions & the car. How do you remove the run channels? Do they just pull off or do you have to pry them off with a screwdriver? I gave them a tug & they seem too tight to come off with a quick tug.

Any other advice?

Received my oem defectors today. I took a quick look at the instructions & the car. How do you remove the run channels? Do they just pull off or do you have to pry them off with a screwdriver? I gave them a tug & they seem too tight to come off with a quick tug.

Any other advice?

Just pull them down, don't be afraid....I know it's a scary feeling but they will go back in place.

Let me know what you think about the moon roof deflector. I was going to pick one up but they're pricy.

Is the moonroof deflector really needed? It's got a spring loaded bar that comes up and had an edge that acts as a deflector.

Just pull them down, don't be afraid....I know it's a scary feeling but they will go back in place.

Thanks for the confidence boost. After figuring it out, the process was fairly straight forward. The included instructions were not the best. I had to 1) be careful not to push the clips on too far and squash the upper sash trim and 2) Spend some extra time making sure the run channel was re installed correctly. The final result looks really sharp.

Thanks for the confidence boost. After figuring it out, the process was fairly straight forward. The included instructions were not the best. I had to 1) be careful not to push the clips on too far and squash the upper sash trim and 2) Spend some extra time making sure the run channel was re installed correctly. The final result looks really sharp.

Glad you got them installed without problems. Instructions are too busy and confusing.

Looks good. Hope to do it to ours one day. Had these on just about every vehicle i've owned.

Jeff

Moon roof deflector

I'd like to know how well it works, too.

Necessary? No. My brother got his wife a CX-9 & I know from them taking stiff out of the trunk, especially when the kids help, it gets scratched and chips the paint. So, that is what happens if you are not careful, or you can get the bumper guard to help. FYI.

Last edited:
Back