CX-5 Middle Armrest Upgrade?

dshogman

:
2016 CX5 GT FWD
Has anyone found a replacement for the middle box arm rest that extends further forward? I guess I'm a short guy and with the seat up and forward, only the end of my elbow comes to rest on the right arm rest.
Thanks.

The center box is too low to rest any arm. I bought this cushion for the center box and it fix the problem. If you are too short, well buy the kit that come with this cushion.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
1.gif

Good God! Is it too much to ask for someone to come up with a solution for this problem that doesn't look like it was developed in North Korea!

lol, but it's "VIP", so it makes your tires rub too.

I wonder if the mazda6 center arm rest can be moved over onto the cx5's. The mazda6's has the extending feature. I think that would help alleviate some of the complaints. I'd be pretty interested if the mazda6 one can be switched.

I wonder if the mazda6 center arm rest can be moved over onto the cx5's. The mazda6's has the extending feature. I think that would help alleviate some of the complaints. I'd be pretty interested if the mazda6 one can be switched.
Subaru has the same feature on the Imprezza (and maybe other models). I can't understand how manufacturerers can see the need for this on some models, but not others. Unfortunately, the CX-5 armrest also needs to be raised, so the extension might only resolve part of the problem. It would not surprise me if they used pretty much the same console in both models. That would explain why it's too low in the crossover as the seating position is higher than the sedan.

+1 on wanting an arm rest upgrade. I just picked up a 2014 CX-5 Touring, came from a 2010 Honda Civic EX. Other than iPod issues I'm having, the arm rest is the only other gripe I have so far with the vehicle. My Civic had not only an extension but was much more plush, which on a long drive makes a difference. If anyone sees another product or solution let us know!

+1 on wanting an arm rest upgrade. I just picked up a 2014 CX-5 Touring, came from a 2010 Honda Civic EX. Other than iPod issues I'm having, the arm rest is the only other gripe I have so far with the vehicle. My Civic had not only an extension but was much more plush, which on a long drive makes a difference. If anyone sees another product or solution let us know!

I ordered this armrest

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/244952788.html

Should have it in a few days. I will take pictures and do a review. Looks nice, hoping there is a bit of padding beneath the leather. Actually someone else mentioned it on this forum or another, but can't find the post now. I do think it is easy to install. I was looking at the current armrest, and the top part kind of is just held on with pressure and a few clips. I expect it to be easy to remove. I was also considering the Ford Escape. It has a nicely padded armrest, but like the CX-5, it also doesn't extend. I do miss that from my 2009 Civic. I don't know why the armrests in the CUVs don't extend at all. Kind of sucks.

I just took a look at this link but could not determine whether it was available in the other interior colour (which I have). Can you advise?

Brian

It doesn't appear to be from what I can tell. Makes me glad I got a black interior, although I was regretting it at first. There is a lot of black already in the dune interior though, so ia black armrest against the lighter seats might not look too bad. Everything goes with black, although the red stitching, perhaps not. If you want to ask the seller if the other color is available, qunsheng qi, he seems to be very responsive.

I ordered this armrest

Should have it in a few days. I will take pictures and do a review. Looks nice, hoping there is a bit of padding beneath the leather. Actually someone else mentioned it on this forum or another, but can't find the post now. I do think it is easy to install. I was looking at the current armrest, and the top part kind of is just held on with pressure and a few clips. I expect it to be easy to remove. I was also considering the Ford Escape. It has a nicely padded armrest, but like the CX-5, it also doesn't extend. I do miss that from my 2009 Civic. I don't know why the armrests in the CUVs don't extend at all. Kind of sucks.

Looks nice, but the description says "armrest cover". Might just be a leather skin that one puts on the OEM armrest. Please update us when you receive it!

Has anyone found a decent looking arm rest booster yet? I really want one as I'm used to a nice armrest at elbow height.

I ordered this armrest

Wondering how this worked out as well.... I'd be a little nervous, given the item details -

Item specifics

Item Type:
Other

upholstery material:
genuine leather

Set decoration classification:
75-foot-long set

Color:
Light green

Dan D

not exactly good feeback:

"Its not "Easy Installation" item as described. Just peace of leather. Even not right size for install. Have to cut, glue etc for install it. What for paid 57USD? Totally disappointed!"

Solved

Has anyone found a replacement for the middle box arm rest that extends further forward? I guess I'm a short guy and with the seat up and forward, only the end of my elbow comes to rest on the right arm rest.
Thanks.

Not sure why Madza put in a nonfunctional armrest in this otherwise well designed interior. I solved this with this addition:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

It is good quality and stylish, plus at a reasonable price.

Is that an armrest cover you simply place over the existing OEM armrest?

If so, is it secure over the OEM armrest (doesn't move around)?

Back