Diesel Regen Cycle.

Sassimac

:
CX-5 Diesel
Hello All...

My CX5 is the first diesel I have ever owned. So I guess it's fair to say I know nothing about diesel technology.

The question I would like to know an answer to is, how often is the regen cycle run and what would I notice?

I have observed that at around the 250km mark, all of a sudden fuel economy is tossed out the window and i-stop refuses to work. This lasts for only a short period of time. Then everything returns to normal. Is this the regen cycle?

Cheers..!!!

Hello All...

My CX5 is the first diesel I have ever owned. So I guess it's fair to say I know nothing about diesel technology.

The question I would like to know an answer to is, how often is the regen cycle run and what would I notice?

I have observed that at around the 250km mark, all of a sudden fuel economy is tossed out the window and i-stop refuses to work. This lasts for only a short period of time. Then everything returns to normal. Is this the regen cycle?

Cheers..!!!

Tis' indeed.

Although the cx-5 does seems fond of 'active' re-gens my previous car only ever needed active re-gens a few times a year.

Back