Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Information

I've used these oil drain valves in my past 5 vehicles and swear by them. The valve number for our CX-5's is F-106. Fumoto states that the adapter is necessary for pan clearance in our CX-5's. After inspection, the extention adapter is not needed. Save yourself seven bucks.

These valves are great for hot oil changes. The only downfall is a slower oil flow. It takes about 10 minutes to fully drain the pan. During this time, however, I can change the filter and have a (cheers)

The valve does not hang below the oil pan nor does it interfere with the plastic oil change cover. The drain lever is indented to prevent accidental movement and drainage.

• No, I don't work for them.
  • No, I didn't get a free valve.

I just like products that work. Five times now.

F-106 w/o adapter
DSC_0290-640.jpg

F-106 w/ adapter (not needed on CX-5)
DSC_0291-640.jpg

Open
DSC_0295-640.jpg

Closed
DSC_0296-640.jpg

I used a F106N that includes a short nippel to slip on a small rubber/plastic hose to route the oil to your drain bucket that stops any oil splash. Works great.

I used a F106N that includes a short nippel to slip on a small rubber/plastic hose to route the oil to your drain bucket that stops any oil splash. Works great.

My Tacoma had the nipple version and worked great because of the height.

I have been looking at this product for years, without actually buying one. Once installed, is the valve positioned with th handle up or sideways? I was concearned that I would get it all tightened up and the handle would be on the bottom.

I have owned these on two vehicles in the past and like them. For the two I owned on an Tacoma and a Pilot, the valve lever was not obstructed after installation.

I have been looking at this product for years, without actually buying one. Once installed, is the valve positioned with th handle up or sideways? I was concearned that I would get it all tightened up and the handle would be on the bottom.

On my 2012 2.0 the valve handle ended up on top with the F106N.

They do sell a clip to provide extra security if you are concerned about valve catching on something.

LC-10.jpg

I saw the clip, but that wasn't available on amazon.

I do have the 2.5, Touring.

Edit: The one thing about the nozzle is I feel it'll take a lot longer to drain since the diameter is now a lot smaller.

Last edited:
seems like it finished in about 15 tops. I'm going to have to buy another one because I didn't want to drain some oil to get it off when I traded my other car.

I used Fumoto valves on my past two Elantras. It drains fairly quick, less than 10 minutes. There's no way the valve handle will be pushed and then rotated 90 degrees on its own to open position. That plastic piece is really unnecessary.

I'm going to install mine on my next oil change, which will be the 2nd oil change. This time, I got the version with the nipple, so I can attach a hose on it and drain very easy. For the oil filter, I just loosen it a bit, then wrap the whole thing with a grocery vegetable bag (plastic ones) and unscrew. If you are careful, you can do it without any oil spilling, not even a drop.

I used Fumoto valves on my past two Elantras. It drains fairly quick, less than 10 minutes. There's no way the valve handle will be pushed and then rotated 90 degrees on its own to open position. That plastic piece is really unnecessary.

I'm going to install mine on my next oil change, which will be the 2nd oil change. This time, I got the version with the nipple (I like hard nipples), so I can attach a hose on it and drain very easy. For the oil filter, I just loosen it a bit, then wrap the whole thing with a grocery vegetable bag (plastic ones) and unscrew. If you are careful, you can do it without any oil spilling, not even a drop.

me too

I probably would have just used the stock washer if I was not replacing valve. Look how big replacement washer is I got from Mazda dealer. Blue one went on with Fumoto and stock one is on drain bolt. Stock one looks stuck on by paint.

51502c0bdf58826a3812ca912cc34a0a.jpg
335336800ba45c567f8f4fbc4e11f313.jpg
ac41c9f3e39e7e78edfbc6877a3db0e0.jpg
293277a32b8ba52f1331e9514448deba.jpg

The replacement one from the dealer looks too big. I had to use a razor blade to cut paint to get the old washer separated from the drain bolt. Why'd you soak your gasket in oil before hand?

On my old car I left the painted on wahser there and put the valve on. Never leaked.

That is odd... Did you notice what oil level was at on dipstick before and after the change? I used ramps when I changed mine and was able to get in like 5.4 quarts. I might be off a tenth or so though. I didn't measure how much I removed though.

The current level seems fine. I didn't note the level before hand, but I'll have to make a note about how much comes out during the next oil change. I'll check the level again after my road trip. I'll adjust accordingly if it's off. That Valve really makes it easy to drain oil in a clean and efficient way.

Just curious if anyone has had experience returning to the dealer for any kind of service with one of these installed? Any warranty issues brought up?

Just curious if anyone has had experience returning to the dealer for any kind of service with one of these installed? Any warranty issues brought up?

When I bought a 3 year old used 2007 Hyundai Elantra, I brought a Fumoto Valve and asked my Hyundai dealer if they can install that instead of the drain plug during a free oil change. They said no problems and I used that for almost 4 years. All DIY oil changes after that free oil change.

Unless it was clearly a cause of a problem, it won't be an issue for them either. I think it's actually none of their business.

just a quick ot question. Is the factory jack reliable for the oil change? or do you need something bigger or a stand?

Back