Scary Crash involving sky blue CX-5!!!

Repost?

They passed another CX-5 at the side of the road. I didn't catch that the first time I saw that video. They are indeed logo'd out. It is pretty curious...

It looks fake to me. If you look at the car on the side of the road at 0.08 seconds and the car in the "crash" they both appear to have the same writing on them and I think it's even the same license plate. Plus, looking at the "crash" in slow motion there's no evidence of damage or impact. At 0.14 seconds it just sort of appears like they photoshopped it in.

It looks fake to me. If you look at the car on the side of the road at 0.08 seconds and the car in the "crash" they both appear to have the same writing on them and I think it's even the same license plate. Plus, looking at the "crash" in slow motion there's no evidence of damage or impact. At 0.14 seconds it just sort of appears like they photoshopped it in.

I take it you are not accustomed to Russian dashcam videos.

I do agree with you about that cx-5, I just mean that its more than likely a real accident footage, just not with that cx-5.

No. Are they all fake?

Russia is a scary and dangerous place to travel via car. Their traffic fatality rate per capita is double that of the USA, and we have 5-6x as many cars on our roads. Combine that with poor law enforcement and rampant insurance fraud, and video evidence becomes a necessary protection. Even your home state Michigan, where there are more fast and aggressive drivers than anywhere else I've driven and freaking weird auto insurance regulations, is totally laid back and collected compared to most of the rest of the world.

It looks like the vehicles in the video may just have been a part of some demo or promo event.

In (post-)Soviet Russia, road forks you!!

jcarroll06 you are sure right about Michigan auto insurance! It's crazy expensive compared to other states, due to the compensation parameters.

Interesting info. Thanks!

Nothing fake about that video - the car with the dash cam obviously hit the truck and rode up so that the cam is pointing at the sky. There is no way anyone would take the time and effort to fake this - there is no matting, the lighting is correct, etc. Those two CX-5's were there and the one got a bit crunched. Along with the driver who had the cam.

I agree rcs914, it looks like the truck driver in front of the camera was not paying attention to traffic in front of him until it was too late, the car with the dash camera was following too close and didn't have time to react either.

After watching a lot of those Russians videos, I think putting a dash cam in the CX-5 is not a bad idea.

After watching a lot of those Russians videos, I think putting a dash cam in the CX-5 is not a bad idea.

It doesn't seem like it would cost much, and could be very useful in a number of situations.

Back