MLB Pitcher C.J. Wilson and his Tuned Mazda CX-5

He can put some wild late breaks on his breaking balls. But, he is a wanker. I don't miss him in Texas. His doucheness fits right in in CA/LAA.

He has been road racing and such for years, and has been into modified Miatas, and races them competitively as well. It doesn't come as a surprise that he would get into the CX-5, or other Mazda driver's cars...

I agree he is a "wanker" I especially think so being a pretty diehard Yankee fan. With that said I will support anyone who is a fan of my favorite car :)

CJ's dealership is not too far from my house. I don't know if spending $8K on a appearance package/add-on kit tacked onto a base model is a wise long-term purchase. But the package states "zombie hunting license included", although if it comes to that, license inforcement will be the least of our concerns ;)

Article says he has a mazdaspeed intake... I call
bs.gif
unless someone corrects me?

I like it! Horribly unaerodanamic but very cool nevertheless.

I want those roof lights - how are the wires for the Roof Rack Lights hidden?

I wouldnt pay $8k for it, but I think it's cool. The CX-5 is very versitile and flexible for modifications.

*Pro-Parts is a sponsor of the site, someone posted this in their subforum. Trying to see how much custom coilovers are

I like the rims (pretty much) and love the tires - are they winter tires?

The Yellow Axe is perfect

Last edited:
interesting, that car was in the show me your wheels and tires thread, but nobody said it was a MLB pitchers car

We are partners with CJ Wilson Racing and CJ WIlson Children's Charities, as we host Mazda Corrals in conjunction with him. Love him or hate him because he made a business decsion in signing with the Angels, he is a passionate Mazda owner and his charity does help a lot of children across the country, with Hemophilia and other diseases. His charity is still based in Texas.

In July, we'll be hosting a Mazda Corral @ Road America and the week before we'll be partcipating in a Open House at the dealership as well, we are finalizing the plans. We are looking to do a few other things prior to the Grand-Am/ALMS race @ Road America as well. So stay tuned, as I am sure we'll have a few more of CJ's vehicles at these events, like the Speed 3, the 2014 Mazda 6 and others,........

We are partners with CJ Wilson Racing and CJ WIlson Children's Charities, as we host Mazda Corrals in conjunction with him. Love him or hate him because he made a business decsion in signing with the Angels, he is a passionate Mazda owner and his charity does help a lot of children across the country, with Hemophilia and other diseases. His charity is still based in Texas.

In July, we'll be hosting a Mazda Corral @ Road America and the week before we'll be partcipating in a Open House at the dealership as well, we are finalizing the plans. We are looking to do a few other things prior to the Grand-Am/ALMS race @ Road America as well. So stay tuned, as I am sure we'll have a few more of CJ's vehicles at these events, like the Speed 3, the 2014 Mazda 6 and others,........
Keep us posted, I know some Midwest 6Crew members were part of the Corral ar RA a couple years back.

Looks like you can buy the Zombie Edition CX5 and it's still pretty much brand new.

http://www.cjwilsonmazdaoforlandpar...zda+CX-5-94a1200f0a0a00de64ea119ea3591fd3.htm

Edit:

I had called CJ Wilson Mazda's parts department trying to see if they knew the brand and model of the push bars. The guy I spoke with could only remember that they were custom fit to the car and we're purchased off www.carid.com/.

I think these are the push bars, but I can't figure out what model of car they came off of. Can anyone in the Chicago area go and check it out? Maybe the info is etched in a visible place on the bars.

Front: http://www.carid.com/aries-automotive/one-piece-grille-guard.html
or
http://www.carid.com/tuff-bar/euro-style-grille-guard.html

Rear: www.carid.com/steelcraft/rear-bumper-guard.html

Last edited:
I emailed CJ Wilson Mazda about the push bars for the the Zombie Edition CX5 and they responded with the parts information. Here's what they wrote:

"Mazda CX5

Front grille guard - Steelcraft #51330 Black grille guard
This is for 2008-2011 Mazda Tribute

Rear guard - Steelcraft #81330 Black rear bumper guard
This is for 2008-2012 Ford Escape

Both of these parts came from CARiD.

And Both of these guards needed to be highly modified to fit the CX5."

Maybe someone with some fabrication skills can get these to fit.

When they say tuned I'm guessing they mean suspension because back then there was no tuning for cx-5. Only recently has ME been released for skyactive. Mine is being tuned right now.

Do you guys know this thread is about a year and a half old?

Latest posts

Back