Will mazda5 gt 17" rims fit safely on 2013 cx-5?

Bellysnout

:
Mazda2
Hi everyone,
Sorry for starting a new thread but I couldn't find an exact answer. I have a set of 17" alloy oem rims left from my 2009 mazda5 gt (written off this winter...) and was thinking of using them for winter tires if possible. bolt pattern, center bore etc is identical, only difference i can see is the rim width and offset.

Mazda5 17" rims: 6.5" width and 52.5 mm offset
cx-5 17" rims: 7" width and 50 mm offset

Will these fit safely on the cx-5? Any problems doing this? Or should i try and sell them and get some steelies for winter?

Thanks in advance!

If I recall correctly, the center bore is different. They will fit as far as bolt pattern goes (5x114.3), but you might need an adapter for the bore size. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm too lazy to look up center bore size of the CX-5 and the MZ5.

If I recall correctly, the center bore is different. They will fit as far as bolt pattern goes (5x114.3), but you might need an adapter for the bore size. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm too lazy to look up center bore size of the CX-5 and the MZ5.

I think they are both 67.1mm, but I could be wrong.

I've also got these for winters. The only issue is that the stock 17" tire size is a 225 tire( such is fine on a 7" rim). BUT, the mz5 17" wheel is only 6.5" wide allowing up to a 215 size tire. So your gonna be running a smaller width tire with these rims. Is it safe? Everybody will have there own opinion.

Apologies. The center bore on both is the same. Those are minimal difference in offset and width. If anything, it will look funky like a boat with narrower and higher offset wheels. Plenty room for clearance though.

Narrow tyres are used by rally drivers in snow, so should be fine.

I have run on 215 tyres since 2004 all season, although our winters are mild generally, no problem.

Hi everyone,
Sorry for starting a new thread but I couldn't find an exact answer. I have a set of 17" alloy oem rims left from my 2009 mazda5 gt (written off this winter...) and was thinking of using them for winter tires if possible. bolt pattern, center bore etc is identical, only difference i can see is the rim width and offset.

Mazda5 17" rims: 6.5" width and 52.5 mm offset
cx-5 17" rims: 7" width and 50 mm offset

Will these fit safely on the cx-5? Any problems doing this? Or should i try and sell them and get some steelies for winter?

Thanks in advance!

Did you use these for winter? I have the same wheels, waiting to buy some tires, but would like to know if the handling was affected in any way?

Back