Underpowered engine solution?

antonics

:
Mazda 2014 CX-5 Sport
Hi all,

Just got my 2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport AT last March 14. First few days it was running slow and totally underpowered but seemed to save a lot on gas mileage. The other day my cousin raced it down the street, screeching its brakes, using the manual shifting gears etc for a few minutes. He broke it in good. I noticed now, it runs better, no more hiccup sensation when it automatically shifts to higher gears. Runs faster with ease. So, no need to wait and drive a long distance to really break it in. Just a quick race around the neighborhood for a few minutes seemingly did the trick. Just wanted to share. Newbie here.(flash)

Engine break-in beliefs aside... in my opinion your cousin did more harm than good.

Both of our Skyactive engines naturally picked up a bit after 1k+ miles, and were both broken in "gently".

I'm telling your mom about what you did with her car. You're in a world of hurt when she finds out.

Wouldn't be surprised if it changed some of the TCM shifting logic, especially if it is low mileage.

But I wouldn't dare label this a "solution".

Back