Changing settings for Sport drivers without the touch screen

babaoriley7

:
2014 CX-5
For those of us who do not have the pretty touch screen interface stereo, there seem to be some settings that are not available to us. A recent thread about the tap to blink 3 times turn signal was one of the settings that would require a trip to the dealer to change. Any others that we should be aware of if we take it in for a settings tweak?

I am wondering if it has to do with pressing a combination of buttons to access the menu for settings. I highly doubt Mazda would have their dealers invest in a plug-in device to access said settings.

I am wondering if it has to do with pressing a combination of buttons to access the menu for settings. I highly doubt Mazda would have their dealers invest in a plug-in device to access said settings.

They do:

2013 - CX-5 - Body and Accessories
CONTROL SYSTEM PERSONALIZATION FEATURES SETTING PROCEDURE

1. Connect the M-MDS to DLC-2.

2. After the vehicle is identified, select the following items from the initial screen of the M-MDS.

Select the “Module Programming”.

Select “Programmable Parameters”.

Select menu in the R_BCM.

3. Select an item name, and then select option.

Lighting Systems
Turn light system

M-MDS display:
3-Flash Turn Signal.

Function:
The turn light system can be switched between operable and inoperable.

Initial setting:

Off

Setting contents:
Not Adopted./OFF/ON

Control unit:
Rear body control module (RBCM)

I suspect it is a universal device for a wide range of year models, like an OBDII if you would.

For those of us who do not have the pretty touch screen interface stereo, there seem to be some settings that are not available to us. A recent thread about the tap to blink 3 times turn signal was one of the settings that would require a trip to the dealer to change. Any others that we should be aware of if we take it in for a settings tweak?

I turned off my rain sensing wipers so now the sensitivity setting is a simple timer.

I hated my rain sensing wipers on previous cars and the CX5 isnt much better. Full sensitivity wipes too often but in heavy rain, they never go often or fast enough, in least sensitive setting, still wipe too often, only a few seconds delay compared to full sensitivity. With it disabled, I can set between about 10secs to a few secs interval (not actually measured the time though).

[/I]

I suspect it is a universal device for a wide range of year models, like an OBDII if you would.
Thanks for the enlightenment. I would presume Mazda would save money having it programmed into their headunits and being able to be set via a combination of button pushes, rather than have their dealer's spend the money to program the cars. Though that may be wise in the long run as they can possibly profit from charging their consumers when warranty expires.

So I'm confused, is this connecting to the headunit somehow? What is the M-MDS and the DLC-2 (a google search for DLC-2 suggests it might be a mini prep Cuisinart. I somehow doubt that is really what I'm looking for)?

Are these settings accessible if a new head unit is installed?

EDIT: A call to the dealership cleared this up for me - just need to connect to the diagnostics input below the steering wheel. Shouldn't be a big deal if I swap the head unit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back