IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

My new lug nuts
IMG_1336.jpg

My interior
IMG_1334.jpg

22"x9.5" 285/35/22 All around. I forgot the offset. Plus Eibach spring that lowered 3cm Rear and 2.5cm front and I think that is enough for me rather than H&R lowering rate.

Comments and Critiques are welcome, but, before anyone tries to bash me for sacrificing performance and bla, I know what I am sacrificing for looks. Thank you!

The springs really give it a nice aggressive appearance... And those dark, huge wheels on white are really gorgeous... Nice ride sthio!!

I like the overall look very much. Black roof looks great. IMHO, the black on mirrors and door handles should be removed (assuming vinyl overlay).

No kidding, no need to dwell on the obvious sacrifice in ride quality.

I agree it was a great ride before the drop, it looks even better now.

but like Cx-SV, I would personnaly remove the black handle and mirrors. But it is your ride, so you do as you like, the only important thing is that YOU like it. ;)

LOVE the interior and the black roof. Though I think it could do without 22" dia wheels as 21" is already pushing it on a pure styling statement.

I can't say I dislike the black mirrors and door handles, but I can't say I like them either. It reminds me of cheaper cars that leave the mirrors and handles as unpainted black plastic to save costs. I do get the point of blacking them out for a stealthier look, but it's a double edge sword situation lol.

Last edited:
I like it, I also had experimented with black door handles (plasti dipped, and plastdipped+ black enamel), but I decided no. I have 20"s on H&R's and the ride can get hard sometimes (handling is the s*** though), I can only imagine your ride quality lol. Overall nice rig.

Thank you guys for the comment and tips, actually I might be peeling of my wrap anytime soon.

Although I agree with you(SayNotoPistons) about the 21", I would love to have that size but, they are so rare for that size here especially the tire size. I couldnt get what I want

sthio,

Tight ride! Thanks for sharing the pics. I hope you have enough sidewall to absorb a bump strike without bending a wheel. Looks super cool though and that is the reason you went that route so job well done!

Any rubbing or did you have to trim anything with the huge tires your running? If so, before or after lowering?

sthio,
Doing it big! Looks great! Just got a white CX-5 myself, great color choice. Did you have a custom interior installed or is that a factory optioned color where you are from? I'm asking, because it looks great and the very similar to oem seat stitching. Perhaps you had it dyed? Let me know what you did and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comment guys, as long as for rubbing, I really had a very minor minor minor rubbing when I turned the steering wheels either right or left fully. However, after 10,000 miles as the tires wore of a lil bit, the rubbing was gone. That's how minor it was at the beginning.

As for the leather seat, I changed everything with genuine Autoleder Coral Red, and I asked the shop to follow the original stitches.

22"x9.5" 285/35/22 All around. I forgot the offset. Plus Eibach spring that lowered 3cm Rear and 2.5cm front and I think that is enough for me rather than H&R lowering rate.

Comments and Critiques are welcome, but, before anyone tries to bash me for sacrificing performance and bla, I know what I am sacrificing for looks. Thank you!

Which eibach springs did you get? I was trying to compare to the H&R springs I have.

If you import them yes, from overseas. Check out eBay. They are out there.

Last edited:
I have no idea which Eibach model. I got it from the local shop. How many type do they have anyway? But, I guess it will be the one with the less aggressive lowering rate.

Back