Car Seat Cover Question

eurocalicx5

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I just recently bought my spanking new 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring Edition and I love it. I was wondering if anyone had purchased a nice and fairly inexpensive driver seat cover that they are happy with? I bought one from Amazon but it didn't fit very well and it just made mess inside of my car from when I was trying to fit it on. Also, I had noticed on the rear of the car (both sides) where there should be some sort of plastic protecting from water and dirt is actually covered in a cloth like material, I just want to make sure this is normal. I had attached a image just to explain it a little bit better. First one is what the front looks like and the other is the cloth like material. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. 12.jpg13.jpg

There are some posts elsewhere on the forum reporting on Coverking (or Covercraft-I forget which) seat covers. As for the wheel well material, it's something Mazda started using several years ago on Miatas (and no doubt other models) to deaden the sound of rock debris in the cabin. Don't know why they only use it on the back, but not to worry-it works fine as a moisture shield too.

Ha! Those make it look like the seats are wearing a thong. There is no way I'm putting a thong on MY seats!

They say that "for absolute safety" the covers are compatible with seat mounted airbags. But, AFAIK, the CX-5 is not available with seat mounted airbags, is it?

But the biggest issue I have is that it doesn't protect the side bolsters. This is an area that I've noticed takes the most wear in previous cars.

The airbags are built into the side bolsters. As such any seat covers would need to be made in a way that would allow the airbag to open correctly. The aftermarket Katzkin covers and other manufacturers are made in such a way to allow the airbags to work correctly. I would assume the stitching on the sides is designed in such a way that it would come apart in the event of an airbag going off.

Installed Coverking neoprene covers purchased from Costo.com. Kinda pricey at $199 for just the front seats but I really like them so far. They were easy to install, look good, and are comfortable too.

Seat covers.jpg

Back