Upgraded from 17s to 19s

phil.rick

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hey there!

So, I've had my CX-5 nearly a year now and ever since I bought it I have wanted the 19" wheels that come on the Grand Touring. I bought the Touring model with all options because I did not want the leather that's standard on the GT. (Yes, I might be the only person on Earth who doesn't like leather.) I was also OK with not getting the other little goodies you get with the GT.

Long story short, I finally got a set of used 19s from a guy in Florida. Have a look at the comparison below. I realize we all know what the wheels looks like, but I haven't seen a comparo online yet.

Enjoy! I'm quite happy with my upgrade (yes)

- Philip

PicturesLab_B_W_FX_2013-03-13_19-08-18.jpg

Last edited:
Ride quality change is very mild. I notice a tad more road noise and now smaller bumps in the road are prevalent. Overall though this has had a very small effect on ride quality. I'm quite pleased.

Not sure about MPG yet, haven't had them on long enough to know! haha

I was averaging about 30 before -- I do 70% city and 30% highway.

I wonder if the different size wheels throw off the accuracy of the on board computer that calculates among other things, mileage and speed???

Only if the circumference is different. The Oem 17 & 19 wheels have the same, or close enough measurement.

Back