Do Modification Chips work?

Kelseyx

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD- liquid Silver
I have seen these modification chips that claim to improve gas and HP. Do these really work? Some prices are 50.00 and others are 600.00. The info i have read too states they don't harm any thing and they are reversible. Any thoughts or knowledge of these by anyone first hand?

Last edited:
No piggy back 'chips' that are genuinely beneficial to the CX as of yet. So, no.

I have seen these modification chips that claim to improve gas and HP. Do these really work? Some prices are 50.00 and others are 600.00. The info i have read too states they don't harm any thing and thenges are reversible. Any thoughts or knowledge of these by anyone first hand?

The work really good for the people taking your money!

If it were that easy then why wouldnt the car manufacturers just do it themselves?

They are scams.

There are some legitimate chips available, for some vehicles. Turbocharged vehicles can benefit, but it is not normally power and mileage, it is normally one or the other. However, unless you understand exactly what they are changing, and understand engine design and programming, you will probably get ripped off. The most they will do is remap the throttle, making it seem like it has more power when all they have done is opened the throttle more for the gas pedal motion.

Don't bother. They likely only fool or manipulate the ECU to achieve its goals, a piggyback, like SayNo mentioned.
It takes R&D to crack the OE's algorithm, and unlock the ability to actually rewrite engine parameters/tables, which is the optimal solution to specifically change the way the engine operates or behaves.

Thanks for the feedback from all of you. Part of me knew that they may be waste and "why didn't Mazda do it already?", and another part of me was thinking "there is always room for improvement", so these may be the real thing.

Back