Golf Clubs

ikon

:
2014 CX-5 FWD GT w/Tech, CWP
Hi, prospective CX-5 buyer here. I'm just curious if you can easily fit 2 sets of clubs in the cargo area, do you have to remove drivers, how about 3 or 4 sets of clubs?

One set side-by-side with a driver in the bag no problem. Mine are in the car all the time.

Two sets one on top of the other or at an angle ok. Any more & it would be a case of dropping a seat rear. If you had four sets however, nowhere for 4 people. Then there are trolleys, unless buggies at the course or like me prefer to carry.

Alex

I haven't taken delivery of my CX-5 yet (hopefully next week), but I would be surprised if you couldn't get 3 people, 3 bags and 3 'trolleys' in by partially folding down the rear seats. I've done exactly that in various hire cars in the past.

I put mine diagonally and they fit with the drivers. Two bags fit no problem like this with the shoes and cooler in back.

haha...the sales peeps couldnt answer my question so I had to take my driver out of my car to test fit.

How many golf bags will fit in the vehicle is a deciding factor on purchasing a car ? Really ?

How many golf bags will fit in the vehicle is a deciding factor on purchasing a car ? Really ?

Every bit as reasonable a factor as exterior/interior aesthetics, engine power, seating space, or any other factors one looks at. If someone were a drummer in a local jazz band, they'd probably want enough room to fit a full drum kit. Towing capacity matters a lot if you've got a 25' pontoon boat you like to take with you on vacation.

A few of my major criteria are headroom, how much back seat knee room there is with the front seat all the way back (I'm tall, most midsize cars are 3-seaters with me driving), and whether there's enough room for a couple of huge dogs and their gear, as we're looking to get a second Bernese Mountain Dog in another year or two. If you're under 6' tall and not a giant dog person, those wouldn't matter at all!

Every bit as reasonable a factor as exterior/interior aesthetics, engine power, seating space, or any other factors one looks at. If someone were a drummer in a local jazz band, they'd probably want enough room to fit a full drum kit. Towing capacity matters a lot if you've got a 25' pontoon boat you like to take with you on vacation.

A few of my major criteria are headroom, how much back seat knee room there is with the front seat all the way back (I'm tall, most midsize cars are 3-seaters with me driving), and whether there's enough room for a couple of huge dogs and their gear, as we're looking to get a second Bernese Mountain Dog in another year or two. If you're under 6' tall and not a giant dog person, those wouldn't matter at all!

OK, well thanks for the lesson on how to purchase a car. My wife and our 5 children already have a Great Dane and Russian Wolf Hound and are thinking of adding a Wildebeest. Would you suggest a larger vehicle or should we just open a zoo ?

I haven't taken delivery of my CX-5 yet (hopefully next week), but I would be surprised if you couldn't get 3 people, 3 bags and 3 'trolleys' in by partially folding down the rear seats. I've done exactly that in various hire cars in the past.

I tried this exact scenario today. Folded down the 60% side of the rear seats and got in 2 cart bags and a staff bag along with 2 Clicgear carts and a lightweight Smoothy quite comfortably. 3 adults (including myself, obviously) all over 6 feet tall.

Now I just need to clean all the grass out.

Last edited:
OK, well thanks for the lesson on how to purchase a car. My wife and our 5 children already have a Great Dane and Russian Wolf Hound and are thinking of adding a Wildebeest. Would you suggest a larger vehicle or should we just open a zoo ?

Maybe you need a lesson on how to post.....need to work on how to quote a reference and respond all at once, instead of needing 2 posts!

BTW, I will only get a CX-5 if my bike fits in the back w/o taking the wheel off. Is that OK with you?

Now go find your Wildebeest.....may want to invest in some car air reshener too....(rant)

Back