2014 CX-5 GT - Engine Software Update

tobeychris

:
Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech Package
Just got a call from my service department that there is an update for my new 2014 CX-5 GT's software. I asked for details and they said it was for engine management. (I was sort of hoping for a fix in the audio lag)

Maybe this can help with some of the problems others are seeing.

Please provide more details when you find out.
My '14 was built Dec of 2012, so probably needs it.

Engine management eh? Hope it will bump up mpg? I'm getting 25 mpg on average. GT AWD 2.5

This was realeased last Thurday according to my local service mgr. My 2014 GT (11/12 build) had a check engine light (code P0126 - coolant temp related) last week with 150 miles on the odometer. Apparently the ECU believes the thermostat is stuck open...this update resolves the issue.

This was realeased last Thurday according to my local service mgr. My 2014 GT (11/12 build) had a check engine light (code P0126 - coolant temp related) last week with 150 miles on the odometer. Apparently the ECU believes the thermostat is stuck open...this update resolves the issue.
So if no P0126 code, then no need to reflash ECU? I have a OBD2 reader & no codes.

What dealer is your service manager at?

Has anyone gone in to have the update completed? If so, how long did it take? I'm curious if I can hit them up before work or do i need to schedule something on the weekend, thanks.

Has anyone gone in to have the update completed? If so, how long did it take? I'm curious if I can hit them up before work or do i need to schedule something on the weekend, thanks.

Are you having issues with your CX-5?

Nope, noticed the coolant light is on on a cold start
Owner manual is your friend. Blue light is normal on cold starts and should be on for few minutes (sometimes a little bit longer depending on outside temperature).

I have also gotten the P0126 code. I had the reflash done today and I am hoping that is the end of the check engine light issues. I have the '14 GT. Are there any other changes/fixes in the latest update?

Mine had an update which I assume was this one. It had to do with sometimes, before the car was warmed up, if you heat the heat button it triggered an engine light warning. So it's some software update that fixed that and the update took about 30 minutes. The dealer said it was not a common error but it could happen and this was the fix.

Back