Sombody hurt my baby!!

PurplMyst

:
2013 CX5 Sport Manual, Liquid Silver
As new vehicle owners we all dread that inevitable event of the first dent/chip/scratch/blemish. That first little booboo that can't be easily fixed at home & yet isn't big enough to pay somebody else to fix. The later ones aren't that bad, but the first wound on your brand new baby always hurts. Well I've just got mine on my CX5 that i bought in July; a hard-as-stone still green pinecone fell from a lofty height & put a nice dimple in my hood. :( But I suppose now I can relax as the first dent has been done....

Share your woes (if you will) of the first cosmetic injury on your beautiful new CX5...

First rock chip in the hood. 9 days of ownership and 300 miles on the odo.

Small and barely noticeable, but when you hand wash weekly you notice every little mark.

As new vehicle owners we all dread that inevitable event of the first dent/chip/scratch/blemish. That first little booboo that can't be easily fixed at home & yet isn't big enough to pay somebody else to fix. The later ones aren't that bad, but the first wound on your brand new baby always hurts. Well I've just got mine on my CX5 that i bought in July; a hard-as-stone still green pinecone fell from a lofty height & put a nice dimple in my hood. :( But I suppose now I can relax as the first dent has been done....
To each his/her own; but that's not my philosophy on auto aesthetics/care. That, my dear, is why God made PDR (paintless dent removal) shops!

I was driving beside a big truck and a little pebble hit my windshield and put a tiny chip in it!!! Quite upsetting... :( Now instead of putting a clear 'bra', I want to get a 3M clear windshield protector for the entire windshield.

Bought mine March 10th 2012...

Walked up to this after shopping one day:
IMG_20120525_200531.jpg

Was about 6 weeks after purchase.
The month it sat in the autobody shop, waiting to be repaired, was the icing on the cake.

I was driving beside a big truck and a little pebble hit my windshield and put a tiny chip in it!!! Quite upsetting... :( Now instead of putting a clear 'bra', I want to get a 3M clear windshield protector for the entire windshield.

Same here! first month of owning the car a pebble hit the windshield and left the tiniest little chip, can barely notice it's there though. Since then it's taken some little pebble hits right where I applied the VentureShield film and I wiped them right off with no damage to the paint so I'm very happy with the film.

The month it sat in the autobody shop, waiting to be repaired, was the icing on the cake.

How does someone accomplish something like that and not even have the decency to leave a note SMH, how pissed were you though? I would have flipped.

Scratch on the passengers side mirror. backing into my underground parking spot trying to get close to the beam as possible since the person on the other side parks too close sometimes. As I was backing up I heard a scrap. Little wear mark on the white mirror and a black spot where it wore down two. Already bought the Mazda oem touch up paint and waiting for spring to do it. Pearl white is going to be interesting to make look perfect.

How does someone accomplish something like that and not even have the decency to leave a note SMH, how pissed were you though? I would have flipped.
I agree - don't people have some decency anymore?? Stuff like that... sucks!

A dog popped out suddenly on a 45 mph street. I have no choice but to slamp the break and steering closer to the side curb as much as I can, BUT I still hit it.
Luckily, it stood up and ran away, but my left bumper popped out.

Fortunately, I was able to pop everything back in shape with the help of heat gun, replaced all the side clips, the car is 99% fine, no scratch, no paint chip etc.
That was what when the car was around 2000 miles after 4 months of purchase.

a hard-as-stone still green pinecone fell from a lofty height & put a nice dimple in my hood.

That should be a relatively inexpensive repair by an outfit like DentDr http://www.dentdoctorusa.com/

I always like to deliberately put the first blemish on the new baby so that after that, I don't get so stressed. Happened to me once when I first took home a brand new Accord and instead of manually lowering the garage door to see if it would clear the door, hit the button and put a nice little scratch in the bumper cover.

I backed into and ran over a bicycle cops bike at my campus today. I thought it was the curb at first but I was nowhere near it (parked at t intersection of the lot). Heard a grinding noise and realized I had hit his bike while he was ticketing a few cars over. I saw him loking around in my rear view about 20 sec later lol. Unfortunately now I have this ugly scratch rigt above the trim (pedal scraped it i think) from the middle to the rear :/

Bought mine March 10th 2012...

Walked up to this after shopping one day:

Woah! That is no little oopsi-dent! I would have said a few bad words coming out to see something like that...

Thanks for the suggestion Ste92ve, looks like they're not in my area. I'll check around for something similar.

I managed to get a couple of nasty gouges on my hood. My daughter's 12-inch bike somehow came off the hook it's hanging from and landed on the hood. Hook is intact, bike is intact...guess I just didn't secure it onto the hook and it fell sometime during the night. My heart sank the next morning, seeing that. I put some touchup paint on the gouges to protect it from the elements. Ugh...I hate thinking about it.

I backed into and ran over a bicycle cops bike at my campus today. I thought it was the curb at first but I was nowhere near it (parked at t intersection of the lot). Heard a grinding noise and realized I had hit his bike while he was ticketing a few cars over. I saw him loking around in my rear view about 20 sec later lol. Unfortunately now I have this ugly scratch rigt above the trim (pedal scraped it i think) from the middle to the rear :/
(bolt)
cameras are everywhere

:( Sorry about the boo boo! Not sure where you are in Northern California, but an idea to find a good PDR/dent dr is to ask your sales manager at the dealer or even try at a higher end dealer (think pre-owned Lexus, BMW, Merc, etc). Most dealers have a PDR guy on retainer that will come by once a week and take care of the boo boos. PDR is an artform and you want someone with proper experience.

Got my car Thursday night, by Sunday someone already dinged my left rear door :-( Lots of douchebags around these parts

Got my car Thursday night, by Sunday someone already dinged my left rear door :-( Lots of douchebags around these parts

I was waxing my car today and noticed my first paint scratch on my left rear door. I've had my car for 8 months and this is the first nick on my car. I go out of my way and park as far away from other cars as possible. This past Saturday I parked at the far end of the parking lot at a Best Buy. When I head back to the car an extended suburban happened to park right NEXT to my car. I hate it when people do that!!!

Ditto, picked mine up 2/28, 3/2 a woman slammed her white door into the driver side rear door, leaving white paint, and a nice little ding and exposed sheet metal along the curve in the door. Stopped by the dealer and they'll take care of it this evening, luckily to say, she'll get some TLC tomorrow morning.

Latest posts

Back