blind spot monitor only works with headlights on

bigmike77

:
2014 mazda cx5 awd touring
I just noticed my BSM only lights up the mirrors when the headlights are on. Is there a setting to change this? Or could it be defective/broke.

(was driving over 20mph)

Last edited:
I don't think it's the sensors. Driving home with no lights on the mirrors didn't light up and then when I switched the headlights on, the mirrors would light up. Oddly enough I also don't hear any type of beeps when I have the volume settings for bsm on high for both cases. They seemed to work great when I was driving it home from the dealer at night. I just noticed this morning that they didn't work and once I put the headlights on, they started to work fine again. sucks

wow that is interesting. i see you were driving more than 20mph. have the dealer check it out. having the bsm saved me multiple times.

Mine only beeps when the turn signal is engaged but always light up with a vehicle in the next lane...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to get it checked when I pick up my reg card. thought there was a setting somewhere.

Same here, love not having to take my eyes off a heavy merge to make sure i"m not about to splat someone. The cabin BING only deploys when you use the turn signal, otherwise you'd be driven crazy on a busy highway.

Back