AWD CX-5 in Snow and a Rough 0 - 60 in Wet

:
CX5 2.2 diesel / Mazda mps
It's the 2.5 litre which will only be sold in a few countries. I say rough 0 - 60 as I think he is just using the speedometer rather than an accurate speed measuring device.
here

Hard to see the effectiveness of the AWD in that vid. It was understeering through most of the turns pretty good. I was hoping to see some powerslides or drifting. I wanna see someone kicking the back end out. I'd do it all the time in my v70 when I had it.

has anyone used the 2014's in snow/ice in real conditions? My wife is concerned after hearing from her sister in MN that people she knows have trouble with the CX-5 in snow/ice.

Took delivery of mine end of Feb and had no issues with handling on snow. Keep in mind, I'm coming out of a RWD vehicle so a pair of snow shoes would have given me better handling...

My 2013 AWD did absolutely fine in deep snow on multiple occasions. It handled 6 inches in West Virginia and 12-14 inches in Vermont no problem last season. I was thoroughly impressed.

FYI grew up in Buffalo area, this would be fine up there.

I live in northern MN and bought my AWD 2013 in October of 2012. It handles GREAT in snow and slush. NO car handles great on ice, but driving cautiously, my CX5 handled beautifully on ice too. I live on a gravel road that is 2 blocks long, and city plows it last. I have always had AWD vehicles to access my home easier, and my new CX5 is a champ.

Back