Spare Wheel

miket66

:
CX5 sport nav & MX5 coupe
Hi
I do a lot of towing so having a spare is important but fitting in the boot/trunk means floor no longer fits as wheel is 2" (50mm) higher has anyone any suggestions as to how to fit an alternative over the spare. The fill it with gunk emergency is a waste of space as garages will not repair once it has been used and you can't tow on a tyre that has been repaired this way. Over here the tyres are as rare as hens teeth so even more reason to have a spare as very few have them is stock 225/55r19 fitted. what is solution to this issue in the USA? cheers MikeT

It is a only a space saver so still no use when towing and no cheaper than an alloy and tyre it is the one area that lets the car down, if you don't tow not so much of an issue. I may get one for when not towing or may just attach the spare to the trailer if I need the boot space. cheers MikeT

Spare Wheel for CX 5 query

Hi, With respect to the spare wheel you have fitted to your CX5 do you have the part numbers for the kit and is it for the 19 inch wheels etc? I have just bought a Sport Nav and the unit has the repair kit. The dealer is baffled at some of the queries I have and I would like this fitted if possible. Also does it affect the floor of the boot . i.e is there still a cover over the top etc?

Cheers

Andye

Hi, With respect to the spare wheel you have fitted to your CX5 do you have the part numbers for the kit and is it for the 19 inch wheels etc? I have just bought a Sport Nav and the unit has the repair kit. The dealer is baffled at some of the queries I have and I would like this fitted if possible. Also does it affect the floor of the boot . i.e is there still a cover over the top etc?

Cheers

Andye

Mazda part number

KF035690A wheel clamp 10.00
9965025570 spare wheel 81.00
KD51688MXA sub trunk foam 33.00
KD52688MXB sub trunk foam 33.00
810081002 temporary tyre 105.00

I have mine on order was told prices are out of date, but I dont know by how much!? the temporary spare does not affect the floor, ie it uses the same cover.

Mazda part number

KF035690A wheel clamp 10.00
9965025570 spare wheel 81.00
KD51688MXA sub trunk foam 33.00
KD52688MXB sub trunk foam 33.00
810081002 temporary tyre 105.00

I have mine on order was told prices are out of date, but I dont know by how much!? the temporary spare does not affect the floor, ie it uses the same cover.

If you are interested I have just advertised my dealer supplied (Mazda Newport) spare wheel/tyre/foam insert and wheel clamp on Ebay. I had it installed not long ago (I hate these gloop &tyre inflators), the car is being sold so I'm selling the spare wheel separately (195). I'm located in Monmouthshire.

Back