Wax

jtl

:
CX-5 GT w/Tech
Anyone use any of these waxes? Mequiars Ultimate Synthetic Polymer, Mequiars NXT Tech Wax or Collinite Insulator Wax. Trying to find something at Advance Auto since I have a coupon. I really want to but a nice finish on the car, including the headlights while it is new.

Anyone use any of these waxes? Mequiars Ultimate Synthetic Polymer, Mequiars NXT Tech Wax or Collinite Insulator Wax. Trying to find something at Advance Auto since I have a coupon. I really want to but a nice finish on the car, including the headlights while it is new.

Meguiars Ultimate is a great product. It goes on and comes off very easily. I've also tried Mother's Synthetic wax, which works as well and costs less, although it is in a liquid form rather than a paste.

The Mequiars product is a liquid but it is really expensive, $23, the Mother's is on sale for $5.

The collinite is highly rated on the detailing forums for shine and durability. It has the classic old chemical smell to it. If you get that one then warm up the bottle inside and shake it a lot to get it more liquid before use.

Trevor
http://HandA.com

I use the collinite insulator wax every fall on all of my cars to give them a layer of protections before the snow and salt starts that i know will last. It protects great and adds gloss but I normally top coat it in the summer to provide the shine that i want.

Collinite user as well. I use the 845 Insulator wax. Super easy application. Quite possible the most durable wax out there.

I used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax also, you must make sure you don't use to much or it will be thicker and harder to remove, otherwise as stated before it is a breeze to remove. I am going to try the Gold Class liquid next time I wax. I used it on the Piano black and it looks great and all the fine scratches are barely there.

I've used both meguairs ultimate wax and meguairs NXT and their both awesome and leave a nice shine.

I find the Ultimate wax lasts a bitter longer but it a a bit more expsenive

Picture of my arsenal:

arsenal1.JPG

arsenal2.JPG

Ordering my orbital soon also.

Back