2013 CX-5 Sport Leather Upgrade

sylva143

:
2014 Mazda CX 5 GT
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Take a look at my new Katzkin upgrade. I now have a Sport AWD model with Bluetooth and custom leather. Seats are black with grey inserts and grey piping. I ordered from autoseatskins.com and had them installed at a local trim shop. I selected black door arm rests, and the trim shop had some great grey material for the panels.

I'm very glad to have upgraded from the rather cheap black cloth fabric standard on the Sport model.

Look nice! How much is the installation cost? How long it took to install?
I am hesitant to get it because I am afraid it will interfere with the airbags built into the seat. Do you have any idea?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Definitely looks great, and I'm sure they feel great. I've heard great things on them for various cars. Fitment is spot on, right?

Look nice! How much is the installation cost? How long it took to install?
I am hesitant to get it because I am afraid it will interfere with the airbags built into the seat. Do you have any idea?
Thanks.

I paid $1000 for the Katzkins, which included the piping and two tone upgrade. Since I invested so much money in the material, I decided to have them professionally installed at a local auto trim shop. Cost for installation was higher than expected at $750. The original install quote was $450, but when I brought it in, they explained the intricacy of the door panels which would take a lot of extra time. I might have saved $200 going elsewhere, but in the end I was extremely pleased with the workmanship.

Installation at the shop took one full day with several guys working. The door panels take the majority of the time.

Katzkins are made it integrate with the airbags, so there is no need to worry if installed correctly.

Fit is wonderful. I was a bit curious about how it would all come together, but I'm very satisfied.

Looks great. Love the two tone colors and it looks like good quality leather and workmanship.

I would probably do that if I could just write a check and have them magically appear on my CX-5 but I know it's not that simple. I think I'll reconsider it after the stock seats start showing some wear.

Nice! Maybe in a few years after the OE fabric begins to show some age, heck I'll install the whole lot I enjoy a cuss fest!

Back