Tint.....hiding from the sun.

Snacks

Contributor
:
CX-5 AWD GT
My last vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee, compared to the CX-5 it had smaller windows and a much smaller windshield so the sun was rarely a problem while driving.
The first thing I noticed when I bought my CX-5 was the larger field of view. The door/windows are just too tall for my seating position and the sun seems to always be in the corner of my eye. I will tint the front windows soon. Then I noticed that the sun shades for the windshield really don't do much, so my question is has anyone tinted the top of the windshield? Does/would that help?

Get 3M ceramic tint. They have clear film that blocks out vertually all the heat.
Don't need to put up those windshield covers on hot summers.
Just got them done on Sat. $500 for all 10 windows.
30% up front 2 side windows & clear on the rest.
a8431723fb118f13a1a858c7f71cbb6e.jpg

Last edited:
Did you put clear film on the front windshield? How do you account for windshield stickers for state inspection, license and optional toll sensors? (We have up to 3 stickers in Texas on the windshield). Do they leave a section of the windshield uncovered for those? Seems like a great idea for heat.

Did you put clear film on the front windshield? How do you account for windshield stickers for state inspection, license and optional toll sensors? (We have up to 3 stickers in Texas on the windshield). Do they leave a section of the windshield uncovered for those? Seems like a great idea for heat.
Luckily my town & state doesn't require stickers on the windshield.
I suppose you would just stick them over the tint.
My dad covers these city stickers with clear tape so only the edges stick.
I didn't even think about them dumb stickers bc I'm lucky we don't require any.

I tint the top part of windshield (Texas legal limit is 5 inches from the top) using 3M Color Stable 20, front doors using 3M Color Stable 35. I do not tint the rest of the windows.

Back