New here and to Mazda

ColinX-5

:
CX-5 Sport Nav FWD
Hi I have just ordered a new CX-5 Sports Nav 2.2 diesel in zeal red with stone leather, don't know delivery yet April or May. This will be my first Mazda, present car is Peugeot 3008 1.6 diesel . Been doing a lot of on line research (detect)and find the Mazda brand is mostly very well regarded, and yet they are very rare on the roads around here. I had a test drive of course and was very pleased with it, I had been worried about the 19" wheels so was trying to find pot holes and rough roads and was pleasantry surprised, so its just the price of tires to worry about .

You are not the first one to have this concern. A few others on this forum, who also preferred smaller wheels, had no problems finding someone with the stock 17inch wheels for a trade.

Welcome and congrats on the new CX-5.

Yes, I kind of expect the concerns regarding wheels. IMHO US buyers show more of a preference for fancy wheels versus buyers in Europe.

But as you found out, the 19's do quite well with potholes and trashed roads. Mazda fortunately specified a larger diameter tire for more sidewall than the competition (therefore the 55 series tire, instead of the usual 45 series tire used on competitors 19's) and better ride and durability.

Latest posts

Back